3-M compound 06044

Used this for years on fiberglass and painted cowlings but can't seem to find it anymore. I could sand to 1200 and go to this compound and get good results. What can i get that's conparable that doesn't require extra sanding. I forgot to mention I hate sanding lol. Thanks for any recommendations. Jim

2. Member
    I use 3m heavy gelcoat compound 36102 followed by finesse it. I rarely use anything finer than 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by moldman View Post
    Used this for years on fiberglass and painted cowlings but can't seem to find it anymore. I could sand to 1200 and go to this compound and get good results. What can i get that's conparable that doesn't require extra sanding. I forgot to mention I hate sanding lol. Thanks for any recommendations. Jim
    I buy it buy the 5 gal bucket (just got 5 buckets) … not sure why it’s not available in smaller quantities.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Total boat make some good shiat, it will take out 600 grit and make it look like a mirror.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

5. Member
    Thank all you guys for your input. It is appreciated.

6. Member
    I know this part number. I've written it down thousands of times signing it out at work. Want to say imperial compound, but it's gray in color and not white. More of a polish after a heavy compound. Used it with a black foam pad. Rarely use it now.