Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    local ones here closing
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. Member
    Haven't been in Dick's since I bought a new driver in 2013.

3. Member
    I think most folks that would buy firearms quit doing business with them years ago.

4. Member
    Ours is reformatting as well. Supposed to reopen in August, if I remember correctly. I only use them in an emergency.

5. Member
    Our local dicks store here in North nj is stacked to the gills with top notch fishing gear - it’s a huge fishing section and guys that work the fishing section have all top of the line gear in stock !!

6. Banned
    The name says it all.....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    go WOKE go BROKE
    Everything woke turns to sh!t.

Talked to an associate at our local field and stream and he said they were getting rid of all hunting and firearms but we’re gonna expand fishing section with remodel. He also mentioned something about adding a climbing wall.

9. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    can't blame them for doing away with stuff that don't sell good...
    they should start selling medical supplies for all the blood vessels getting popped...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

10. Member
    Maybe it’s Antifa filling Dicks parking lot? Ours is always busy looking
    Red Sox in 6!

11. Member
    It has little to do with woke. It is profit margin. They make more selling soft goods, clothes, shoes, etc., than they do selling hard goods, basketballs, fishing rods, guns, etc. It is the same pattern that closed Hermans, Sports Authority and a few others. They start to give more and more floor space to soft goods, losing sight that most of their floor traffic is from people buying hard goods.

12. Member
    I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by njpaulc View Post
    It has little to do with woke. It is profit margin. They make more selling soft goods, clothes, shoes, etc., than they do selling hard goods, basketballs, fishing rods, guns, etc. It is the same pattern that closed Hermans, Sports Authority and a few others. They start to give more and more floor space to soft goods, losing sight that most of their floor traffic is from people buying hard goods.

Quote Originally Posted by MNJ View Post
    Talked to an associate at our local field and stream and he said they were getting rid of all hunting and firearms but we’re gonna expand fishing section with remodel. He also mentioned something about adding a climbing wall.
    Then, they need to change their name to just Stream.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I call BS.
    Margins on guns and ammo and some other hard goods suck compared to the soft goods.
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Plus soft goods are seasonal as are sporting goods so they can rotate and turn inventory every couple of months to re-energize sales.

16. Member
    exactly. Stores selling soft goods are a dime a dozen. The outdoors oriented stores each follow this same business model til they fold. Dicks around here have been selling soft goods only for several years. Mainly just a uniform/shoe shop now. It will fail when a new flavor comes around just as it did with Sports Chalet, Sports Authority and Sportmart. Unfortunately I’m seeing the same business model coming into to play at Sportsman’s Warehouse since BPS took them over. Once the hard goods are gone and the foot traffic from outdoors people decrease, they flounder til they fold. Way too many better options on soft goods out there price wise and selection wise for the consumer.
    If I looked good in spandex and my boats paint had glitter, I’d fish for bass.
    Luckily the Crappie, Stripers and Tuna don’t seem to care.............. BigBry

17. Member
    They have not gotten a penny from me for a few years now and won't.

Dick's House of Clothes

19. Member
    If I am buying a gun I am not buying at Dicks, BPS, or Cabelas anyway. I have a local gun shop for that. Let them get rid of guns.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

20. Member
    Around 10 or 15 years ago, Dicks would clearance a lot of high priced rods around February. G Loomis would be sale priced, plus 25 percent off clearance. That stopped long ago.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast