Thread: Lake Jordan

Lake Jordan

I know yall get asked alot of that Lake. I have a few questions if yall don't mind. I live in SC. I am wanting to try some new lakes. Figure I would start with Jordan. I fish all over SC. I usually just take off Friday evening and just crash in the ramp parking lot. Than come home Saturday night. Never had a problem at SC ramps doing this. Will it be a problem at Jordan? Can yall recommend the best ramp to use.
    Thanks alot!

I knew somebody that spent the night at Poe's Ridge many years ag awaiting for me to arrive but people and things are much dumber now so I don't really know if it's a bad idea or against the law. The ramps are pretty safe for the most part. Hopefully someone who has done this recently will come along with some advice.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

I usually see a fella at farrington with a ranger and a truck camper every spring. He’ll stay for a few days.

There is a WalMart and a few other shopping centers not far from Ebenezer on Jordan Lake. Might want to consider crashing there. That said, the ramps are probably safe and I would consider that area pretty safe in general.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

With the campgrounds around, I'd just reserve one of those sites and call it good. Not sure I'd want to crash in the ramp parking lots, but if you really wanted to, Farrington or Ebenezer would probably be fine.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 481VSangler View Post
    With the campgrounds around, I'd just reserve one of those sites and call it good. Not sure I'd want to crash in the ramp parking lots, but if you really wanted to, Farrington or Ebenezer would probably be fine.
    Got a recommendation on a Campground?
    Thanks

7. Member
    Poplar Point is one of the state park campgrounds and it has a ramp in the park. Nice ramp and isn't as busy as the public ones. This is from my experience anyway.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Zach201xl View Post
    I usually see a fella at farrington with a ranger and a truck camper every spring. He’ll stay for a few days.
    Now that you mention it there was a guy with a camper that used to stay days at the Harris ramp.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Got a recommendation on a Campground?
    Thanks
    Poplar Point is on the south side of 64 and Parkers Creek and Crosswinds are on the north side. Should be able to get a spot with power at any of them to plug the boat up and they all have a ramp. I haven't camped at Parkers Creek, but both Poplar and Crosswinds are nice. I'm sure Parkers is about the same. They're all pretty close to other ramps too if you wanted to use them for any reason.

ETA - Both Poplar and Crosswinds are popular places and fill up even with the colder weather. Would probably need to book well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsouthpaw View Post
    Poplar Point is one of the state park campgrounds and it has a ramp in the park. Nice ramp and isn't as busy as the public ones. This is from my experience anyway.
    I've stayed there and it is nice. This time of year, it should be easy to get a spot near the bath house.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

11. Member
    Thanks for the help!