Battery Question /Adding Live Target

I am running Elite TI on the dash and bow. Just added a HDS live 12 with active target to the bow also. My cranking battery is a Interstate AGM 31, will it be enough to power electronics and live wells all day and still have enough to crank boat at end of day? If not, what battery should I upgrade to?

2. Member
    It should do the job if it is healthy. Always carry a jump pack and/or jumper cables.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

3. Member
    Just replaced my battery. I have 2 9" LOWRANCE and a 1 2" LOWRANCE with AT. Went with an X2 agm battery. It does a good job of supplying power for my setup. I would recommend it. Bigger is better.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman13 View Post
    I am running Elite TI on the dash and bow. Just added a HDS live 12 with active target to the bow also. My cranking battery is an Interstate AGM 31, will it be enough to power electronics and live wells all day and still have enough to crank boat at end of day? If not, what battery should I upgrade to?
    Yes, you should be fine if the battery is good.

If you want to look into lithiums keep us in mind

5. Member
    Thats the battery my boat came with never had a issue .

6. Member
    No, it will probably not in the long run. It seems they don’t state number of cycles versus state of charge. So you should guess it is around 30-ish percent somewhere. 30Ah is a bit low for the the draw you describe, so you will be slowly killing your battery due to sulfatation unless you regularly run the outboard enough to top up the battery during your day.