Converting Dual Pro Charger to Lithium?

Anyone know the cost to convert a dual pro quad sportsmen to 3x lithium? If converted can I still use an agm or flooded cell deep cycle?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    it has to be less than 3 years old, you can get the serial number from the power cord and call dualpro, cost was $40 plus $20 per bank plus shipping both ways , that may have charged for 2023

each bank is separate if you have 2 lithium's and one AGM that one bank will programed separate and the other will be for lithium only
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Thanks. It came with my 2019 Phoenix, so I'm sure its more than 3 years old. Is there any market for a used charger? Might be better off selling and buying new.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    it has to be less than 3 years old, you can get the serial number from the power cord and call dualpro, cost was $40 plus $20 per bank plus shipping both ways , that may have charged for 2023

each bank is separate if you have 2 lithium's and one AGM that one bank will programed separate and the other will be for lithium only
    Per response back from Dual Pro on reprogramming my pro quad... '2018 or newer to reprogram. The cost is $180, plus the shipping and takes approx. 3-4 weeks. Once converted, it would charge AGM and/or lithium batteries...'

Makes me wonder if I'm better off selling my current charger and buying a new one already to go for lithium.

5. Member
    Dual Pro has had a stellar reputation, but the last few years there have been some issues with their use on AGM’s as noted here on BBC. Considering that and the cost for converting, I would sell your DP and buy a MKPCL or perhaps a Noco.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Personally, I would get a NOCO GenPro or Minn Kota PCL. Sell the Dual Pro and recoup some cash.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Per response back from Dual Pro on reprogramming my pro quad... '2018 or newer to reprogram. The cost is $180, plus the shipping and takes approx. 3-4 weeks. Once converted, it would charge AGM and/or lithium batteries...'

Makes me wonder if I'm better off selling my current charger and buying a new one already to go for lithium.

yes shipping can run $30 to $40 one way
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Thanks for the advice. I am definitely in agreement on the sell and buy new for the charger.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I am definitely in agreement on the sell and buy new for the charger.
    Best bet for peace of mind as I know you are looking at upgrading to new lithiums.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

My lithium programmed dual pro will not charge a lead acid battery. I’ve tried it just flashes like the leads are disconnected.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Personally, I would get a NOCO GenPro or Minn Kota PCL. Sell the Dual Pro and recoup some cash.
    100 percent agree , we have had some pretty mixed results from customers on the conversion. Not worth it imo. Duel Pro is not the charger/company it was from years ago.

12. Member
    When I went all in with Ionics I went ahead and ordered their charger too then sold the dual pro that was in my boat.