New electronic age of tithing

This is one of the proposed changes that is being supposedly endorsed by many churches, according to the information that has been given to our congregation.
    According to one organization called Tith-ly, this is what Jesus is saying " What does the New Testament say about tithing? After Jesus saved humanity from eternal death, He introduced a new perspective on tithing and offerings (John 3:16). Jesus endorses tithing – but expects His followers to exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees whom He encouraged to continue tithing (Matthew 23:23), and they continue by giving 3 principle of giving:

• God owns everything, and His people are “money managers.”1 Corinthians 10:26
    • Giving to God is the best antidote for materialism. 1 Timothy 6:17
    • Christians are to give to the church in proportion to God’s provision.

After having read the quoted passages, though I am sure many of us know them by heart, I could not even come up with any thing closely relating to their statement, and the passages given to support the principles have nothing to do with tithing or giving to the church.
    There is no scripture whatsoever in the New Testament asking Christians to tithe, what or how to tithe, and when Jesus once referred to the practice, he was talking about Pharisees who were still under the Law of Moses and not about New Testament believers.
    Although no tithe is demanded of the Christian, the New Testament talks about the importance and benefits of giving. We are to give as we are able according to 1Corinthians 16, and it depends on the ability of the individual and the needs inline with the teachings of Christ. Every Christian should diligently pray and seek God’s wisdom in the matter, and offerings should be given with pure motives and an attitude of worship to God and service to the body of Christ. “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7).
    These are my believes in accordance with my understanding in reading the New Testament, and I pray that you share your believes and understanding on this matter.

In Christ's love,
    Frank

2. Member
    "Giving" can be defined in thousands of ways that don't include money. Regardless of what some would have us believe, God is not somehow at the mercy of an earthly monetary system to carry out his will. Men want cash, not God.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    "Giving" can be defined in thousands of ways that don't include money. Regardless of what some would have us believe, God is not somehow at the mercy of an earthly monetary system to carry out his will. Men want cash, not God.
    How true these words truly are. Amen