Thread: New Updates

New Updates

Which update are you suppose to do first ? Mega live 1.20 or Helix 2.80?
    I’m hearing it both ways . It’s about 50/50 from what info I’ve gathered
    Hopefully someone has the insight
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    In the previous update, Humminbird said to do the control head updates first and then the Mega Live. Since they didn't make that distinction with this update, I don't think it matters.

They do state, however, that things may not work right until everything is updated.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    I updated my helix units at the bow on last update and everybody is happy , but never updated the consul unit so the new head unit update will that be all in the new 2.80 update also or do I have to find that update and do that before the new one

4. Member
    In addition to this MEGA Live software update, users must first install the latest version of control software for compatible HELIX, SOLIX or APEX models. Failure to install the head unit software first can cause issues with the MEGA Live update not successfully processing or could cause sonar performance issues that will remain until all updates are performed successfully. The TargetLock features cannot be used without successful completion of these updates.

The paragraph above is from HB software instructions for the ML software update.
    2020 Caymas CX20 Pro, Mercury Pro XS 250 4 stroke, SN 2B735045
    Helix 15 msi G4N, Helix 12 msi G3N, Helix 12 mdi G4N, Solix 12 G1
    Mega 360, Mega Live w/ Targetlock, 8' Raptors,
    Minkota Ultrex 112 w/Ipilot Link, (2) 5 Port Switches

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by venomvee View Post
    In addition to this MEGA Live software update, users must first install the latest version of control software for compatible HELIX, SOLIX or APEX models. Failure to install the head unit software first can cause issues with the MEGA Live update not successfully processing or could cause sonar performance issues that will remain until all updates are performed successfully. The TargetLock features cannot be used without successful completion of these updates.

The paragraph above is from HB software instructions for the ML software update.
    Interesting. I read the instructions thoroughly on day 1 and I could swear this wasn't there on the day of release. Looks like the sequence is the same this time as last.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Well the mega live update for solix and apex units came out on Jan 31st and still waiting for solix unit updates so I installed the mega live update so I can’t believe it matters if humminbird did updates in that order
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    I updated my helix units at the bow on last update and everybody is happy , but never updated the consul unit so the new head unit update will that be all in the new 2.80 update also or do I have to find that update and do that before the new one
    No for the control head which is generally the case unless the instructions state that a previous update is required. This latest update for the Helix doesn't require a prior update.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Well the mega live update for solix and apex units came out on Jan 31st and still waiting for solix unit updates so I installed the mega live update so I can’t believe it matters if humminbird did updates in that order
    Do we know that there is an update for Solix coming? There is a bug fix update for Helix, but maybe none needed for Solix? I would suspect that this particular ML update is not critical what order you install. I did my Control units first (Helix) because I don't know all of what got fixed with the update. (I know they fixed a bug I was having withe M360 Standby.)
    Last edited by venomvee; 02-03-2023 at 01:01 PM.
    2020 Caymas CX20 Pro, Mercury Pro XS 250 4 stroke, SN 2B735045
    Helix 15 msi G4N, Helix 12 msi G3N, Helix 12 mdi G4N, Solix 12 G1
    Mega 360, Mega Live w/ Targetlock, 8' Raptors,
    Minkota Ultrex 112 w/Ipilot Link, (2) 5 Port Switches

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by venomvee View Post
    Do we know that there is an update for Solix coming? There is a bug fix update for Helix, but maybe none needed for Solix? I would suspect that this particular ML update is not critical what order you install. I did my Control units first (Helix) because I don't know all of what got fixed with the update. (I know they fixed a bug I was having withe M360 Standby.)
    i would think so since it provides support for the soon to be released one boat network according to the description in helix update but maybe you are right
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP