Garmin echomap uhd coastal map options

I am about to purchase either a 74sv or 94sv. I looked at both in the store today and the bluechart g3 coastal maps that come with the units look pretty basic. Is there other mapping software that is better, maybe that shows the wrecks, reefs, or other structure? The reason I am asking is that I can save quite a bit by purchasing a 73sv and even with purchasing an updated coastal map still have no more into it that getting the 74 sv. Thanks.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Probably have to get the Garmin Navionics card to get more info......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    A lot also depends on where you fish. I have the G3 and it is very basic where I fish but most of the other maps are also. I fish the Big Bend area of Florida, from Carrabelle to Steinhatchee. I also fish inshore, and there really isn’t much difference in the different map versions. The new Garmin Navionics seems to be the best bet as it’s more upgradeable. Is there no option to buy it as the included map? Where do you fish?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

You can always go to this link to see the current cartography data offered by Garmin Navionics. Make sure to zoom in tight enough and also select Fishing Chart under Map Options to see the most detail.

https://maps.garmin.com/en-US/marine/
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    I found such a good deal on a 94sv that I had to get it. It comes with the Bluechart G3 Coastal charts. I haven't been able to find out much about it. The link above is for the Navionics charts. Looking at youtube it seems that the difference between the G3 and the G3 Vision is the contour shading. I really like the contour shading with the Vision but I don't know if it is worth the price for the upgrade.