Thread: Lake Erie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Plan on going late May. The last 3 years, I have gone up the week before Memorial Day and it was a bit early. The smallies are were not in Presque Isle Bay yet. I am headed up the first week of June this year.
    Not sure with your experience about them not being in the bay but we went two years ago around the middle of May and they were on beds everywhere...we are headed up again next week so we shall see but people are smoking them in the bay already

2. Member
    I know that I am getting very excited about going in a couple of weeks. I’m planning on backing the boat in the water on May 22nd for the first time on Lake Erie if the weather cooperates.

Good luck keep us posted on how you did.

4. Member
    Today was sparse. We caught 2 smallmouth and 8-9 largemouth. Decent fish but no bragging. Fished in 5-8 fow almost all day, but we plan to change our approach tomorrow. Out of all the boats there, we didn’t see people catching fish. Water was 60 degrees when we left at 2:30.

5. Member
    We fished Wed-Saturday last week and between 5 of us we probably averaged 30-40 fish a day...the wind blew hard every single day so that put a hamper on things and little bed fishing action....we caught a fair amount on jerkbaits and I caught my big fish of the week on a 3.8 keitech..just under 5 pounds

6. Member
    We did better today. I caught a 3.44 and my buddy caught a 5.47 on tubes

7. Member
    The folks that were catching around us were doing it mostly drifting drop shot rigs. Caught my personal best 3.44 on a tube. My buddy caught his pb 5.44 Wednesday on a tube and his next pb 5.46 on a drop shot Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Not sure with your experience about them not being in the bay but we went two years ago around the middle of May and they were on beds everywhere...we are headed up again next week so we shall see but people are smoking them in the bay already
    I go just about every year. It is a window for sure and to me seems to be getting pushed later and later.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by R83steve View Post
    The folks that were catching around us were doing it mostly drifting drop shot rigs. Caught my personal best 3.44 on a tube. My buddy caught his pb 5.44 Wednesday on a tube and his next pb 5.46 on a drop shot Friday.
    Sounds like you got some good fishing in. Went to a couple creeks the smallmouth were everywhere. Some nice size mixed in with the small ones.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I go just about every year. It is a window for sure and to me seems to be getting pushed later and later.
    Actually it’s the opposite. They were spawning in April and are all ready on their 3rd cycle of spawning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12