USA new to forward facing sonar.

Is the panoptic mount a needed item or upgrade. Do most use it with the mount? trying to gather items for the install
    Thanks

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Do you have Livescope 32 or 34?? What mount are you referring to?? You do need a mount to mount it to the troller....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

LVS32 thought panoptic mount was the one that lets flip on it's side

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So you are talking about the perspective mount......if you want to use the perspective mode then yes, you need the bracket. If not then you can use just the supplied bracket thats comes in the box....

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/pn/010-12970-00
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

are there advantages to the perspective mode? sorry for not clarifying the correct item. This is all new to me trying to learn as best as I can

Also i had map cards for my birds do i need them for Garmin. i used navionics

First I doubt your HB mapping cards will work in the Garmin even tough they are Navionics
    But if you get an “SV” model it will come with some real nice mapping pre-loaded in the graph

Next perspective mode is amazing when fishing 10 foot or less
    you can spot beds quickly, see weed lines or structure and when you see a fish swimming a crossed the screen and toss out in front of it and get bit you will be like a kid in the candy store
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r82ranger View Post
    are there advantages to the perspective mode? sorry for not clarifying the correct item. This is all new to me trying to learn as best as I can
    Personally I don't use perspective mode, having 360 kind of eliminates the need for it personally, and I like the non perspective mount better. All personal preference though.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    First I doubt your HB mapping cards will work in the Garmin even tough they are Navionics
    But if you get an “SV” model it will come with some real nice mapping pre-loaded in the graph

Next perspective mode is amazing when fishing 10 foot or less
    you can spot beds quickly, see weed lines or structure and when you see a fish swimming a crossed the screen and toss out in front of it and get bit you will be like a kid in the candy store
    I bought the Navionics hot maps + for my humminbird. I recently bought a Garmin 106sv. The card works fine in it to. You just have to go tell the card which unit it is going in. Have to use your PC to do that.

thank you for the responses, I am keeping the card in the bird. I wondered if I needed something besides for the garmin I do have SV models