Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronn812 View Post
    I grew up fishing and have fished probably 100 tourneys at KY Lake and I had never heard of the guy until he went to the Elites. Personally I just don't care for him.
    He hasn’t heard of you either but I’m sure he would think you’re an alright guy

2. Member
    JELL-O-SHOTS

3. Member
    Butts being waxed and sticks in them. I’m glad I didn’t listen to the Podcast. Am I missing something. Some said a nice guy.

Heck with shots that was the whole bowl

6. #FRB
    A guy named "Squirrel" drove him home after getting hammered on jello shots.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    It was a good interview.
    Dale Johnston
    Wichita, KS
    2019 nitro z20, mercury pro xs 250 four stroke

Matt is true Kentucky down to earth redneck. He'd give ya the shirt off his back if ya asked! He is funny as chit!

Mercer has one of the best podcasts out there. He is not afraid to ask tough questions or say what he thinks.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Yep

11. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    He's an absolute idiot and I refuse to watch. I don't think anyone wants him as the face of bass fishing.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    He's an absolute idiot and I refuse to watch. I don't think anyone wants him as the face of bass fishing.
    Never met him but I kind of feel the same just based on what I hear about him and how he portrays himself. Likely we wouldn't get along in person but that's okay as not everyone does.

Interesting character.

I like the fact that he is comfortable being who he is, even if that’s different or not everyone’s flavor. It’s fishing, for Heaven’s sake. Not every pro needs to be a cookie-cutter, sponsor-pushing talking head talking solely about why their boat/rod/reel/jighead is the proverbial game-changer. His personality is much more interesting. And his sponsors seem to have no problem with it.
    Last edited by Runsome; 02-03-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    No, we all want some uptight ******* pushing overpriced shit telling us it's the greatest blah blah blah they've ever used. No blue collar dudes allowed in today's status symbol show.

Matt's real, get over yourself.

17. Member
    The majority of the non fishing public thinks bass fisherman are a bunch of rednecks. He offends people because he doesn’t portray a clean cut professional image. I respect him for being himself. Our country would be a lot better off if more people had the spine to do that.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    I like the fact that he is comfortable being who he is, even if that’s different or not everyone’s flavor. It’s fishing, for Heaven’s sake. Not every pro needs to be a cookie-cutter, sponsor-pushing talking head talking solely about why their boat/rod/reel/jighead is the proverbial game-changer. His personality is much more interesting. And his sponsors seem to have no problem with it.
    Agreed. The sport has plenty of cookie cutter pros already, more characters certainly don’t hurt.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Member
    Said it before. Dude sounds like fun and would fit right in with my crew. Would absolutely dig hanging with him at a bar, fishing, etc. I do not associate any more than necessary with boring, unimaginative fun hating people. I live in the snow ski world, what this guy does is tame. The stiffs on here would freak out over what happens in that realm. Matt seems like a totally cool dude. Guess I’ll get off y’alls lawn.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Matt pointed that out when addressing smashing water bottles and wearing a fur coat on stage at the Classic. He didn't consider the anglers being entertaining just walking across the stage waving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Agreed. The sport has plenty of cookie cutter pros already, more characters certainly don’t hurt.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast