Minn Kota Ultrex Foot Pedal AUTO PILOT question

I am frequently accidentally engaging the N Button AUTO PIlot on my Ultrex. I find my TM moving me when I think it's off. Is there a way to disconnect it? I never have any use for it. Maybe there is a clever way to keep it from pushing down. Maybe I just need to learn how to dance with it better. maybe a disconnect under the bottom?
    Last edited by Roper56; 02-02-2023 at 05:24 PM. Reason: ask better question

2. Member
    The only way to totally disable it is to remove the button. Not a good Idea, because it would risk allowing water into the foot pedal. If you try something else then when you try to sell your rig it would would have to be put back to normal. Just learn how to push the right button and avoid autopilot.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    The only way to totally disable it is to remove the button. Not a good Idea, because it would risk allowing water into the foot pedal. If you try something else then when you try to sell your rig it would would have to be put back to normal. Just learn how to push the right button and avoid autopilot.
    I am not pushing the wrong button while trying to push another. I am inadvertently pushing the button while running the TM while fishing fast,. , maybe with my heel , I don't know. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Im looking for maybe a simple wire disconnect under the bottom cover ?
    Last edited by Roper56; 02-02-2023 at 05:22 PM. Reason: clarification

4. Member
    Maybe fish MORE ! More fishing means more dance class practice ! I too occasionally accidently hit it . Going to take my own advice too !

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper56 View Post
    I am not pushing the wrong button while trying to push another. I am inadvertently pushing the button while running the TM while fishing fast,. , maybe with my heel , I don't know. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Im looking for maybe a simple wire disconnect under the bottom cover ?
    There are not wires for you to disconnect.

6. Member
    I really need to set up a GoPro to video my feet to find out what I'm doing. LOL Its sure not from a lack of time on the water. fortunately

I do the same thing.... However I use the AP a lot and don't want it disabled.
    It can get aggravating but I've gotten used to it and try to be more aware of the lights to let me know if it's on.