Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
  1. Member
    I just bought a 2012 skeeter fx20 and was very happy with the price. Only issue now is I have two boats ;).

2. Member
    Could hire a guide once/twice a month for way less than a boat payment/gas/ins.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

3. Member
    Remember all the talk about a recession? Prices can only stay this high if people are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I just bought a 2012 skeeter fx20 and was very happy with the price. Only issue now is I have two boats ;).
    Hey Greg, I thought you were looking at another Ranger? You should be able to sell your 185 pretty quickly if mamma won't let you keep it for a back up in case the Skeeter breaks down. When I bought my Ranger in 2016 I already had 2 Stratos, 1 in the garage and 1 in the driveway, Heather wasn't happy when boat number 3 showed up lol. I told her my back up needed backed up.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Could hire a guide once/twice a month for way less than a boat payment/gas/ins.
    Guides here are now 100 an hour. Costs me about 30-40 bucks to go fishing. Most of that is gas.

6. Member
    Used are coming down. Recently a 2018 Z17 (jd power value $24000) went on eBay for 14000. Ive seen 2 Rangers getting close to ending at nowhere near JD Power values, like 10 grand below, and both listing removed cause the sellers obviously were going to take a huge hit on them. Still kicking myself for not buying the Nitro, but I still think there are going to be she very good deals to be had in the coming year or two. Just my .02 and I’ve been looking for close to two years. The place where prices are the highest are here on BBC, where guys tend to know what their boat should be worth, which doesn’t necessarily reflect what the market outside of the core angling community is doing.

7. Member
    Sure.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

8. Member
    Prices are coming back down to reality around here on used. Lots of the Covid buyers are going to be butt hurt when they go to sell as most have gone back to doing what they did before all this mess.

9. Member
    the bass boat market new an used has peaked an its on the way down the way you can tell this is by the amount of 23 model boats still on dealers lots an the used boats that are for sale look an see how long they have been for sale. it will be a bumpy ride for folks that bought during covid an want to sell nada was adjusted artificially high an now it has come down but nowhere like it will be in the future. most folks that really want to move them dont have the funds to put with it to sell them now.

10. Member
    Not selling mine. Ever! Old boat but works as good as a new boat for what I do. Don’t need a boat bad enough to make a house payment on it. Probably why used has stayed high. I dont think anything will go down much at all. They might have to stop making them as fast but they probably won’t go down.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Used are coming down. Recently a 2018 Z17 (jd power value $24000) went on eBay for 14000. Ive seen 2 Rangers getting close to ending at nowhere near JD Power values, like 10 grand below, and both listing removed cause the sellers obviously were going to take a huge hit on them. Still kicking myself for not buying the Nitro, but I still think there are going to be she very good deals to be had in the coming year or two. Just my .02 and I’ve been looking for close to two years. The place where prices are the highest are here on BBC, where guys tend to know what their boat should be worth, which doesn’t necessarily reflect what the market outside of the core angling community is doing.
    You notice though, most of the guys who have their boats listed extremely high have had them on sale for a while. I mean look at the nitro page, you have guys trying to sell their 3-4 year old nitros for the price of a new one with rebates (and likely more than they paid for it). That might've flown during peak covid stupid pricing, but now that boat is gonna simply sit for sale for a while.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I have a 98 Champion 187 and would take 15 for it..

13. Member
    It’s also fall. Not that I’m disagreeing about prices coming down, but also not a great time to sell.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

Prices have not moved much yet. Sellers are still hoping and praying that the sucka will walk by and claim they have to have it at that high price. I say by the end of 2024, you will see a significant reduction in used boat prices. Not sure new boat prices will ever be affected, though. Manufacturers just quit building as many of them......
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    I have a 98 Champion 187 and would take 15 for it..
    Man I should have held onto my 96’ 191 Elite I sold 4 years ago for $6K!
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    Man I should have held onto my 96’ 191 Elite I sold 4 years ago for $6K!
    I got a 1998 Skeeter zx 202 and was offered 12k for it the other day.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    I got a 1998 Skeeter zx 202 and was offered 12k for it the other day.
    A rising tide lifts all boats (prices) literally.

18. Member
    I don’t know what mines worth but I wouldn’t let it go for under 40k simply because it would take at least that to replace it.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I am starting to see some discounts on Bay boats which is what I am in the market for now. No way to buy. A couple year old boat as most are upside down in them.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

20. Member
    I don't see prices changing much. Guys will come down if they need / want to sell and it's not moving. As new prices go up the value of used will inflate. I have a 2021 skeeter zxr20. Boat was 58.5k new plus my add ons. Now the same boat is 75.6k. I'm not saying because the new models are up 17k that mine is worth 17k more. But it's two years old. For many buying a 2 year old rig with 45 hours for 60k - 65k with extras, vs spending 75k with no add ons would be the better option.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011