Ride diff between vx 21 and 20?

For those of you that have driven or rode in both. What's your opinion on the difference between the 2?
    I am shopping for one of these. The 20 would be a better fit in my garage as well easier to launch and load, less expensive possibly.
    But I don't want to regret getting a 20 when the 21 is considerably better on big water. I live near and fish the St. Lawrence and lake Ontario mostly.

Thanks for your help

AK

2. Member
    If it gets too rough for a 20' boat, the 21' boat won't help!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 520runner View Post
    For those of you that have driven or rode in both. What's your opinion on the difference between the 2?
    I am shopping for one of these. The 20 would be a better fit in my garage as well easier to launch and load, less expensive possibly.
    But I don't want to regret getting a 20 when the 21 is considerably better on big water. I live near and fish the St. Lawrence and lake Ontario mostly.

Thanks for your help

AK
    I have been in both and just bought a VX21 2 months ago. I only bought the 21 because it was a leftover 2022 and I got a smoking deal on it. Remember the VX20 is 20'11" (21') and the VX21 is 21'11" (22'). I like having the extra "day box" in the VX21 but I'm not going to say there is a difference in ride or storage other than that. Speeds will be about the same as the VX21 is only a few pounds heavier (believe it or not). If the 20 is easier to get into your garage I would say go for it, I don't think you're going to give anything up other than that day box in front of the driver's console. Either boat is the best ride, hands down, that you'll ever be in.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    I have been in both and just bought a VX21 2 months ago. I only bought the 21 because it was a leftover 2022 and I got a smoking deal on it. Remember the VX20 is 20'11" (21') and the VX21 is 21'11" (22'). I like having the extra "day box" in the VX21 but I'm not going to say there is a difference in ride or storage other than that. Speeds will be about the same as the VX21 is only a few pounds heavier (believe it or not). If the 20 is easier to get into your garage I would say go for it, I don't think you're going to give anything up other than that day box in front of the driver's console. Either boat is the best ride, hands down, that you'll ever be in.
    Thank you for the response.

AK

5. Member
    What HP motor do you want? If you are staying with a 250 then get the VX20, if you want the VX21 then get it with a 300hp, a VX21 is too large for a 250hp.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    What HP motor do you want? If you are staying with a 250 then get the VX20, if you want the VX21 then get it with a 300hp, a VX21 is too large for a 250hp.
    Good to know, thanks

7. Member
    Bigger is always better in my opinion. I have the VX21 and the 250HP is just fine.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dvbass View Post
    Bigger is always better in my opinion. I have the VX21 and the 250HP is just fine.
    Sure it will work fine, but not really adequate to get the best perfomance out of a almost 22' long bass boat. It would be like running a 200 on the VX20.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Most tournaments only allow 250 hp max. And the vx21 might be 1mph slower than the vx20 with the 250.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    Most tournaments only allow 250 hp max. And the vx21 might be 1mph slower than the vx20 with the 250.
    Most don't have a limit but some do, and if so get the VX 20 with a 250 for sure.

11. Member
    Ive seen the VX but have never rode in or driven one, but I dont have to ride in or drive one to tell you that an extra foot in this case isnt going to do you any good. If the conditions are to bad for a 20 foot, a 21 foot isnt going to be any different. Personally I dont like 21 foot bass boats. They always feel clumsy to me, but that could just be me. Plus there are a few other drawbacks to having that extra foot like storing the thing. Most 2 car garages are just not long enough to fit a 21 foot boat on the trailer, especially with like a 10" jack plate. You are not going to regret getting the 20ft, but its your money and they are expensive rigs. You should go with what you really want.
    "Im ya huckleberry." Chasin bass and rippin lips is just my game.

12. Member
    Again, remember, the VX20 is 20'11" = basically 21 FEET! The VX21 is ~22'. They're long and big boats. I just came from a Skeeter ZXR21 (21'4") to a VX20 and the VX20 rides better in the rough stuff than the Skeeter by a little bit. It feels like it's up on top of the water better while running. It hasn't felt too big yet back in the creeks. But I also don't have VX21 experience. That additional foot might be nice, but no enough of a benefit for my needs.

13. Member
    I have personally driven both, in big water also, as I do demo rides for my local dealership. You will not notice the ride difference between the 2. I would go with the 20 if it will fit in your garage

Thanks Desik