Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Schermerhorn Harbor in the 1000 islands they have cabin and boat rentals.

2. Member
    Anywhere in WI. I am doing LaCrosse, Wisconsin River, Door County and Lac du Flambeau in August. Seriously just pick an area. All the lakes have smallmouth for the most part. If I were you I would pick a home base in Minocqua and go from there. From Minocqua you can branch out in any direction and fish. There will be restaurants, stuff for the kids to do, family etc. Practically every lake will have cabins, boat rentals etc.

3. Member
    Wisconsin or Minnesota are hard to beat, Minnesota has Mille Lacs which is awesome, google Woman Lake in Minnesota also,
    wife and I were there 2 years ago and had a lot of fun with big small mouth with numbers, As already said, Door County in Wisconsin is
    always suggested for good reason.

4. Member
    Forget Erie,St.Clare. you'll beat yourself and your equipment up and may not even be able to fish much. My best trips have been northern Minnesota. Vermilion,Rainy,Crain lakes. Relaxing,calm waters, beautiful Northwoods experience. Rent a cabin with a dock in July/Aug.

5. Member
    The north is all fished out...

6. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Blue View Post
    St Clair hands down. This July will be my 4th year in a row. If you need a guide, I can refer you to a great one.
    Lake St. Clair is great, I’m going week in May and week in June, they caught smallies all year long last year u0 there.
    Whos your guild, might get one for a day.

What's special about Vilas Co.? The number of lakes or are there some special ones in that area? We've been going to Michigan for years and I absolutely love it up there but I'm always looking for someplace new.

8. Member
    I agree with Vilas county. I like the sheer number of lakes. I went at the end of July for a couple days of musky fishing. It was last minute and was ready to spend the nights in the truck/ truck bed. I found 1 open cabin at Lynx Lake Lodge. It fits what you are asking for. Cabin on the lake with rental boats available. Rental boats are usually 14-16' tin boats with probably 9.9-25 up motors. The only thing I can't tell you is how the fishing was. I only fished that lake for a couple hours one night.
    The roads in that area are all winding due to having to go around and between lakes and waterholes everywhere. Lakes range from shallow to deep (60-90' is deep in WI), gin clear to dark and low visibility. Most lakes are under 1000 acres, most only a couple hundred I think. Some are boring bowls and some are full of islands and structure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12