2015 ETEC 50 Slight Gear Oil Leak

Changed gear oil recently and it seems to be wet around the lower drain plug. Changed seals when doing the service and torqued to spec. There is no noticeable drip or leak happening but I can wipe the small amount of oil around the drain plug and it inevitably becomes wet again. This has me concerned about water intrusion when spring rolls around so should I drain now and try to replace the seal again with a new plug to see what happens? Never noticed this before when changing the gear oil. Thanks.

2. Member
    If you think its leaking, then I would definitely do something, either replace the entire plug and washer or another new washer.

Are you sure there is not 2 washers? was the old washer on the plug when removed or did it stay on the housing? make sure there's not 2 washers.

good luck
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Mud View Post
    If you think its leaking, then I would definitely do something, either replace the entire plug and washer or another new washer.

Are you sure there is not 2 washers? was the old washer on the plug when removed or did it stay on the housing? make sure there's not 2 washers.

good luck
    Thanks, positive there is not 2 washers on there as I always double check parts off before parts go on