Thread: Stanley Thermos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stanley Thermos

I have a green 1 quart Stanley thermos that I bought sometime in the 80’s or 90’s, can’t remember, lost a few brain cells over the years!

Used it yesterday for the first time in years. Pre-heated it with hot water and filled it up with my beverage. It didn’t keep my beverage hot, the outside of the thermos got warm.

I got on Stanley’s website and saw that they have a lifetime warranty. Mine was made in Nashville, Tenn, the new ones have been made in China since 2002.

I filled out their online warranty form yesterday with included pics that they requested. Received an email that they received the form. 24 minutes later I received another email that they want to send a new thermos (similar type as my model is discontinued) if I wanted it. Email had a link for the new model. I replied that the new one would suffice.

Received confirmation this morning that Stanley is sending me the new thermos. Received a UPS tracking number this evening.

Surprised that they are honoring the lifetime warranty 20 to 30 years later without a receipt. Kudos to Stanley for great customer service.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

2. Member
    Wow - that is great customer service.

I think that Wal Mart was a warranty center back in the day. I had one I dropped and dented where the neck meets the body. After that it didn’t keep stuff hot. It was well over 10 years old. I took it to Wally World and the lady at customer service told me to go grab a new one.

I don’t know if that’s still the same today.

Stanley makes an excellent product and stands behind it.

edit to add; way back in the day my uncle had one he left on the track of a bulldozer he was working on and forgot about. When they fired it up to test the repair he ran over it and crushed it. He wrote Stanley an actual letter and they sent him a new one.

Thats a good deal great to see then stand behind there product

I drank a bunch of coffee and hot chocolate out of one of those green Stanley thermos jugs.

The wife got me one in 1970 with 2 books of S&H Green Stamps. For the next 10 years I used it 7 days a week hunting, fishing, working on pipelines, on road construction jobs, in coal mines and rock quarries and then every weekend when I took an inside job. It has rolled off the seat of my truck and hit the ground or pavement too many times to count. I have had to replace several stoppers and cups but it is still going strong. It is beat up and leans to one side but works. I still have it and use every time I need it.

Bought my Stanley in the 70's. Mine has been thru hell and keeps on Rocking!!. Replaced a few stoppers and cups but overall, it rocks. Great product. Good to hear the company stands behind this product. Is the 1 qt. green Stanley still available??

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

8. Member
    The new one will not be as good as the one you have. Made in china the last 15-20 years.

9. Moderator
    Got a new one for Christmas this year, works good so far. The yeti works better but the price difference is crazy.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    The new one will not be as good as the one you have. Made in china the last 15-20 years.
    Yep, and if you have a pour-thru stopper they lose heat faster than the solid ones.

11. Moderator
    Had used the green thermos for years. Need could find one better.

12. Member
    My friend Fred says the most impressive innvention of the 20th century was the Thermos. It keeps hot things hot, cold things cold.

How does it know?

13. Member
    Cool. Great service. Insulate the dead space in the old one. Drill two small holes, and fill it with spray foam. If that doesn't work, put Pre-yeti sticker on it and sell it on marketplace.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Cool. Great service. Insulate the dead space in the old one. Drill two small holes, and fill it with spray foam. If that doesn't work, put Pre-yeti sticker on it and sell it on marketplace.
    Sounds like a good idea with the spray foam.

Three guys are sitting on the girders of a high rise construction, on lunch break. They start talking about the most proud possession that have bought with all the overtime in the last few years. Henry says “I drive to church in my Cadillac every Sunday, go out for dinner, then take a drive, I love that car.” Rocco says, “I love my 80” high definition Sony TV; every weekend, all my buddies come over for NFL games, I love it.” Fred thinks a minute and says, “ I love my green Stanley Thermos here. In the summer it keeps my iced tea cool all day, and in the winter, it keeps my coffee warm all day, I love my Stanley Thermos.” Henry looks at Fred and says, “How does it know?”
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

16. Moderator
    I guess I'm confused. Did it used to keep your drinks warm back in the day, and not now?

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    I guess I'm confused. Did it used to keep your drinks warm back in the day, and not now?
    Yes.

18. Member
    Glad to hear this…..good job Stanley!!

19. Member
    I have a green Stanley that my (now) wife bought for me as a Christmas present when we were still dating. That's been over 25 years ago. Beat all to hell, but as many have said - still works just fine.

-b-

20. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    Yes.
    What changed ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast