What do I need??? Switching to Garmin!!

I'm looking into switching from Birds to all Garmin. Force TM, LVS34, and two GPSMAP 1243xsv's. One bow, one console. Does that sound like a decent setup? What else to I need to make it happen? Example...to network it all, what cables do I need, ect... I could use all the recommendations you can give.

2. Member
    I made the same swap, with two 943xsvs and a 1222 at the console. Best electronics move ever, the active captain and waypoint management alone is worth it. Not to mention way increased performance.

As far as getting everything you need, I would contact an electronics dealer directly. Guys at Russell marine products or the bass tank are going to have way more experience than guys who just own a boat, and they will be able to talk you through it and get you everything you need.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

GT56 is the current transducer of choice for 2d,di,si on the tm.

If you have a fiberglass boat and want depth readings at speed, you will need the GT36/GT8 bundle, or GT36/GT15 bundle.
    https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/735593/pn/010-02536-00

You will not need a hub to connect the two units. Just the Ethernet cable.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GHawk View Post
    Force TM, LVS34, and two GPSMAP 1243xsv's. One bow, one console. Does that sound like a decent setup? .
    Sounds like a pretty good setup to me......i have the 943 unit and like it....plan on getting a 1243 for my console......been talking about it for a while just have not got to that point.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I made the switch from Lowrance to Garmin, pretty easy
    I am running:
    93sv bow AND 10 ultra (which will eventually get a ls34 ) I run side scan on the 10 ( for now)and map and depth on the 9
    Dash is 93sv with a gt36 and gt8 hooked together with y connector
    The 10 ultra has network in and out so I do not need a network box until I add the black box
    ( I go dash to 10 ultra then out of ultra to the bow 9)
    I have to pay all this off before adding more.. I am liking Garmin though
    2002 Triton 190 FS , 200 EFI, 25 tempest plus, Garmin Force, Garmin 10 Ultra sv, LVS 34, 2 Garmin UHD 93sv