A Few Power Pole questions

I recently added a set of Power Poles a few questions have popped up for me.

I had a small leak from the technician not tightening the hose valve at the pump arm. I tightened it up and it looks to have stopped the leak . The fluid level went from 3/4 ful to about 1/4 full. Do I need to fill back up to 3/4 full? If so where do I get the fluid and what type, My current fluid is yellow.

Prior to finding the leak I heard a new beep when launching the boat. Do power poles have a warning beep of some kind? I have never heard this sound before.

Lastly , When I put the boat up for the day I have noticed that there are green flashing lights on the pumps, do these have a function? This morning when I went out to the boat to tighten the valves correctly only one of the lights were blinking. Are there times that the lights don't blink?

Thank you.

Im no pro with them..Yet..but have had a set of Blades for about 2 years now

Wiht the fluid amount I would fill it to proper levels yes. You Can get the fluid from Kevin at K&K. I bought an extra quart that I keep in the truck tool box in case I need it sometime.

For the beep, the pumps make noise kind of like a chime when they are powered up. So depending on how they are wired that could be the noise.

The lights on the pump will flash green when they are powered up and working.

Not sure how yours are wired but I would strongly suggest putting them on a cut off switch. I wired mine into my main cut off switch so when its off there is zero power anywhere.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Im no pro with them..Yet..but have had a set of Blades for about 2 years now

Wiht the fluid amount I would fill it to proper levels yes. You Can get the fluid from Kevin at K&K. I bought an extra quart that I keep in the truck tool box in case I need it sometime.

For the beep, the pumps make noise kind of like a chime when they are powered up. So depending on how they are wired that could be the noise.

The lights on the pump will flash green when they are powered up and working.

Not sure how yours are wired but I would strongly suggest putting them on a cut off switch. I wired mine into my main cut off switch so when its off there is zero power anywhere.
    Excellent explanation Luke. Fluid is always instock and master power switches and cables instock as well.

4. Member
    Has anyone installed extra battery just for poles. Thinking of adding 12 v lithium for poles with cutoff switch. I have 3 Garmin son my battery already. Just a thought.

5. Member
    Pointless

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 71oldbassbassman View Post
    Has anyone installed extra battery just for poles. Thinking of adding 12 v lithium for poles with cutoff switch. I have 3 Garmin son my battery already. Just a thought.
    totally unnecessary.

7. Member
    Thanks for the input. Saved me some money .

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 71oldbassbassman View Post
    Thanks for the input. Saved me some money .
    yes sir