Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    I still remember my first fish. I was 6 years old and caught a bream using a cane pole with a worm for bait.
    Simular to you, I remember my first fish at 5-6 yrs old which was also a bream caught on a cane pole with a cricket, standing on the Butler's pier in the Blue Creek area of Lake Martin. Also vividly remember my dad and Mr. Butler kidding me about the sign that was on the railing of the pier, which read "You catch 'em, you clean 'em, or throw 'em back!

No.Was given an old photo of me on my grandfather's dock when I was maybe three, smiling holding the pole.

3. Member
    My first bass I was about ten caught it out of farm pond on a white black spot shyster in-line spinner. Around 1969

4. Member
    No! And the camera hadn’t been invented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    No! And the camera hadn’t been invented yet.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I remember a few fish when I was really young, not sure i remember my first. I do remember the bass that got me hooked though. It was a 4 lbs 8oz LM that I caught on a salt and pepper Gitzit back in June 1989. Been chasing them since, sometimes successfully, mostly not.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

7. Member
    I don't remember my 1st fish. It was probably a pumpkinseed but it could easily have been a brookie or even a chub.

I do remember the first good bass. We spent the day at Alamoosook lake with a couple other families. I was too young for waterskiing and I got bored with the beach thing so I made a sand weir in the shallows and trapped minnows. My dad thought they'd make good bait so we trolled them back to the launch. We might have been going too fast because no one got a bite until my dad cut the motor and coasted into the launch. That's when a 5# smallie grabbed my minnow.

Bullhead from the Hudson River, Stillwater NY. Fishing under the Iron Bridge, a RR trestle. Not sure how old I was. Probably 5.

9. Member
    I remember my first top water fish. Hula popper and 10 inch bass

I do not remember my first fish, there is photos in our family albums of me in a playpen next to a Trout pond on FT. Carson with a rod in the playpen, line out to the water..... now the story that is told, my father did this so he could get a extra limit of trout, and claim it was my limit. I was under 18 months old, because we move to Germany when I was 18 Months old.

11. Member
    First fish was a bluegill, cane pole, red worm and bobber. I was about eight years old fishing from the bank of a local pond at a Cub Scout event.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I do not remember my first fish, there is photos in our family albums of me in a playpen next to a Trout pond on FT. Carson with a rod in the playpen, line out to the water..... now the story that is told, my father did this so he could get a extra limit of trout, and claim it was my limit. I was under 18 months old, because we move to Germany when I was 18 Months old.
    Violator from day one.

13. Member
    I don't remember the first catch, but it was most likely a small sunfish at Lake Ouachita. My dad wasn't a bass fisherman, but loved running trot lines and nets on the Arkansas River - which is where I spent many, many hours/days at "fish camp" when I was young.

I've been much better at documenting my boy's and their first catches.

-b-

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I was stationed at Fort Carson for a year, 1976. I vaguely remember fishing on base and that it was pretty good for stocked trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I was stationed at Fort Carson for a year, 1976. I vaguely remember fishing on base and that it was pretty good for stocked trout.
    This was 64, as wee little lad....

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Violator from day one.
    I am not sure I was the violator..... Dad, well yea..... he love his trout for breakfast.....

17. Member
    The exact first no, the first bass 45yrs ago, like it was yesterday. Fish that exact spot at least once on my annual fishing get away.

18. Member
    Yes a 6" rainbow trout on a Mepp's spinner on the Sycan River in South Eastern Oregon.
    Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123