Help with dual battery install.

Try to make this short. I have a 100 AH lithium starting battery and a 50 AH lithium battery. The TM batteries and starting battery are charged with a power pole charge. The 50 AH I just mounted separate charger.

ok I’d like to start day with all accessories on the 50 AH battery (entire boat accessories plus 3 126sv Garmin and 34 LSV). This will run boat for about 6 Hours. I’d then like to switch everything back to the 100 AH starting battery to end the day. Will have plenty of power to start big motor. (As a note, I will fish 6-8 hours without staring big motor. )

can I just leave big motor wire to starting battery and take the accessory cable to a dual battery switch and switch them between the two? Will this affect the power pole charge? How will the negatives tie together?

end game I just want to be able to switch accessories between the two batteries without affecting the charger or starting of the big motor off the correct battery.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

2. Member
    I have a 100 AH lithium starting battery and a 50 AH lithium battery. The TM batteries and starting battery are charged with a power pole charge. The 50 AH I just mounted separate charger.

This says you have two batteries. Later on you reference "trolling motor batteries" which would indicate two more, four total. It looks like you have two separate chargers.
    It seems you want to run your accessories, the ones you would normally run off the starting battery (100AH) off the 50 AH, both Lithiums, for most of the day then switch to the bigger battery to get home.
    You could tie both of the Lithium battery ground terminals together with a jumper wire. You should install a heavy duty two battery switch with a (L or R), or a (1 or 2) selection between both positive wires, and put the accessory wire to the boat + on the Common terminal which would normally be on the 100AH battery..
    To do this you have to have all the wires that would normally go to the + terminal of the starting battery installed to the Common terminal of the switch.

A question I have is the "Power Pole" charger a charge on the run charger?

3. Member
    I had the same setup on my boat I ran 10/2 from both batteries to a two position switch so if the lithium ran out i would witch to cranking

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I have a 100 AH lithium starting battery and a 50 AH lithium battery. The TM batteries and starting battery are charged with a power pole charge. The 50 AH I just mounted separate charger.

This says you have two batteries. Later on you reference "trolling motor batteries" which would indicate two more, four total. It looks like you have two separate chargers.
    It seems you want to run your accessories, the ones you would normally run off the starting battery (100AH) off the 50 AH, both Lithiums, for most of the day then switch to the bigger battery to get home.
    You could tie both of the Lithium battery ground terminals together with a jumper wire. You should install a heavy duty two battery switch with a (L or R), or a (1 or 2) selection between both positive wires, and put the accessory wire to the boat + on the Common terminal which would normally be on the 100AH battery..
    To do this you have to have all the wires that would normally go to the + terminal of the starting battery installed to the Common terminal of the switch.

A question I have is the "Power Pole" charger a charge on the run charger?
    Yes.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    I had the same setup on my boat I ran 10/2 from both batteries to a two position switch so if the lithium ran out i would witch to cranking
    Can you post the 2 position switch if it disconnects the positive and negative terminal? If not, did you tie the negatives together? Do you have the power pole charge?
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

6. Member
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/25587760567...UaAtt-EALw_wcB

I don't even have a Power Pole LOL.

7. Member
    001.JPGjust wire the switch same if you were wiring 2 batteries to it, I mounted my lithium battery in storage dept. in front of console, ran 10/2 from starting battery to console and 10/2 from the lithium to the switch mounted in the storage dept. I used a separate charger for the lithium that i purchased from same place I got battery I added a separate fuse panel in storage dept. and ran all my electronics from that panel, ran power from switch to fuse panel
    Last edited by BBW; 02-02-2023 at 11:56 AM.