2004 Optimax 115 Fuel Rail/System Questions

I am buying a boat with a 2004 Optimax 115 (don't have serial number yet) with prior diagnosed fuel rail issues. I see there are a few options for getting the fuel rail/fuel system repaired/cleaned.

If I send the full injector system and fuel rail to European Marine, do they replace the diaphrams in the fuel rail similar to what Pelican does? Or do they just replace the fuel rail with a new fuel rail OEM part and then clean/tune the injectors?

The reason I'm asking is I am trying to decide whether to send the fuel rail to Pelican for diaphragm replacement and then send the whole assembly to European for the injector cleaning/tuning since the diagram replacement is substantially cheaper than replacement with a new OEM fuel rail.

I'm picking up the boat on Tuesday (2/7) and will then have serial number and be able to run cold compression tests and coil/spark tests, but trying to get ahead of the maintenance so the boat is usable sooner rather than later.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Volzalum; 02-01-2023 at 10:04 AM.

2. Member
    I think I've answered my on question with the Integrity Injection sticky in the 3L forum (https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=23665). It appears the answer is they (European Marine) will repair unless the rail looks terrible in which case they will recommend replacement with a discounted new rail.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You are correct in what would be done by Integrity Injection (a DIVISION of European Marine). Please be sure to email for estimated service time BEFORE sending your system.

Also, please don't let someone else in your system. It simply makes it more expensive in the end.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thank-you Don.