Question Standalone screen/display via HDMI benefits?

I’ve seen a lot of pictures of Ice Shanty's lol condo’s with large screen TV’s displaying the screen of a GPSMAP unit via the HDMI port

I also see there is a company saying they are coming out with a 21” display that can be used on a boat

This has got me thinking (not that I can afford it) but I’m curious if you get one of these standalone touch screens does it just mirror the graph or can you treat it like a second unit and display say Livescope while the graph shows a chart or clearvue

Other than having a larger screen is there any benefit to getting one of these?
    "The handicapped angler"

2. Member
    I was hoping for the same. Only the spendy garmins had the hdmi output. Jerks know I’d buy a 7” and link it to a 24” lcd :)
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    mram10us: I don't think you're going to find a 7" unit with a HDMI port. That's the first requirement.
    MichAngler: I think it can be done but I've not done it. Seems I remember seeing where some done this on a saltwater setup. Probably have to have a usb connection on the display as well as the HDMI input. My GPSMAP has a usb port and I think that's how the touch gets transferred. Could be wrong on that though.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Doubt you would see anything with sun glare on a boat.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    mram10us: I don't think you're going to find a 7" unit with a HDMI port. That's the first requirement.
    MichAngler: I think it can be done but I've not done it. Seems I remember seeing where some done this on a saltwater setup. Probably have to have a usb connection on the display as well as the HDMI input. My GPSMAP has a usb port and I think that's how the touch gets transferred. Could be wrong on that though.
    That’s why I said I would have done it if the 7” had hdmi.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    The screen is as good as any of the garmin units in the sun.

Merv uses his about every day and has been for a few months.
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

7. Member
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs