Thread: 2014 250 etec

2014 250 etec

Throttle cable seems to stick and send the motor into safe mode. I can pop the cowling off and fiddle with the cable and get it into gear. Is it a motor issue or could it be a hot foot issue?? When the motor is running properly it seems like it wants to stay in gear while it’s in neutral.

2. Member
    Sounds like a cable adjustment issue
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

3. Member
    First - there is limited rpm if throttle is applied if the engine is in neutral. The limit is about 1200 rpm.
    Second - sounds like a shift cable problem based on your description. What has been done to check the throttle cable and engine linkages for operation/movement and basic adjustment?
    what has been done regarding the same checks to the throttle cable?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighare2 View Post
    First - there is limited rpm if throttle is applied if the engine is in neutral. The limit is about 1200 rpm.
    Second - sounds like a shift cable problem based on your description. What has been done to check the throttle cable and engine linkages for operation/movement and basic adjustment?
    what has been done regarding the same checks to the throttle cable?
    I haven’t done anything to fix anything yet. But it has happened a few times. It’s not every time I run the boat either.

5. Member
    Ok. So IMHO - the next step is “Git er dun”