Thread: Power pole TM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Power pole TM

690220ED-FB1B-4BAE-9715-62EA5EE289B4.jpeg
    Shot of it taking off this morning in the Toyota Series at the Harris Chain.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

2. Member
    This thing is turning into Bigfoot. Here's another picture of it........From January 2021 lol. Show me a picture of one for sale and I'll be impressed

PP1.jpg

Looks like the shaft goes through a Folgers can.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    This thing is turning into Bigfoot. Here's another picture of it........From January 2021 lol. Show me a picture of one for sale and I'll be impressed

PP1.jpg
    Thats the funny thing, it’s just barely trickling down to pros. Probably a little while out before officially announced, and then who know how long until they can actually stock the thing.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Thats the funny thing, it’s just barely trickling down to pros. Probably a little while out before officially announced, and then who know how long until they can actually stock the thing.
    You can bet the "Pros" who will be running one will be heavily compensated to change from what ever they run now.

6. Member
    Thats the thing I have heard is causing the biggest delay in comming to the market. PP doesn't want to release it until they actually have a supply chain that will allow them to produce it in quantity for sales.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    You can bet the "Pros" who will be running one will be heavily compensated to change from what ever they run now.
    and you won't hear a peep about any issues they are having with it. Amazing! Best trolling motor of all time!! GAME CHANGER!!!!

8. Member
    In the Skeet Reese boat walkthrough video that was posted recently, he was talking about his Power Poles and said that for the first tournament he will have a new surprise for the front of the boat and will be doing a video. I took that to mean the PP TM, also in the video when talking about his TM and graphs he stated that was his setup "for now". I could be wrong but we'll see, tournaments start pretty soon.

9. Member
    Will come out when the Tesla truck does
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    In the Skeet Reese boat walkthrough video that was posted recently, he was talking about his Power Poles and said that for the first tournament he will have a new surprise for the front of the boat and will be doing a video. I took that to mean the PP TM, also in the video when talking about his TM and graphs he stated that was his setup "for now". I could be wrong but we'll see, tournaments start pretty soon.
    for the record, I'm sure it will come to market eventually. But if that thing isn't priced incredibly competitive to what's out there now it's dead in the water. Don't care how many PP pro's run it. It's also pretty difficult to imagine how it could do something just so amazing that Garmin, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Motorguide didn't think of it. This is especially difficult when you factor in that PP doesn't have it's own line of electronics that you could interface with.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    John Crews has said something similar in his boat walk through videos too.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    for the record, I'm sure it will come to market eventually. But if that thing isn't priced incredibly competitive to what's out there now it's dead in the water. Don't care how many PP pro's run it. It's also pretty difficult to imagine how it could do something just so amazing that Garmin, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Motorguide didn't think of it. This is especially difficult when you factor in that PP doesn't have it's own line of electronics that you could interface with.
    The rumor mill says north of 4k. Brushless motor with a titanium shaft which helps keep the weight down I suppose.

There are multiple patent documents available for viewing that JL Marine had filed with the patent office that show some interesting features, especially for rigging and self service.

I am excited to see what happens in the next few weeks on this front and hopefully they have it by the classic expo so I can put my hands on it!

13. Member
    North of $4k? I will hang onto my Ultrex

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    The rumor mill says north of 4k. Brushless motor with a titanium shaft which helps keep the weight down I suppose.

There are multiple patent documents available for viewing that JL Marine had filed with the patent office that show some interesting features, especially for rigging and self service.

I am excited to see what happens in the next few weeks on this front and hopefully they have it by the classic expo so I can put my hands on it!
    Yikes!

Brother, I hope for PP's sake you're right. But I don't blame any of the many people that laugh in disbelief at that sentence, the exact same thing has been said for literally the last three years.

15. Member
    Fieder also mention running a powerpole troller.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    690220ED-FB1B-4BAE-9715-62EA5EE289B4.jpeg
    Shot of it taking off this morning in the Toyota Series at the Harris Chain.
    Was waiting for this post after I saw it in the gallery. I knew it would bring a lot mixed emotions of optimism and pessimism.

Looks like a juiced up Motor Guide Tour from the old days. I'd say when they started this project, that was favorite design of the time so it's the troller they were modeling it after. To me it really dates it.... We shall see but I'm with the others and not holding my breath.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

17. Banned
    What, exactly, will it offer over any other trolling motor where it commands a price premium?

I'm guessing nothing.

Super-Ultra-Mega laser guided anchor-spot-structure-locking wireless rotary girder phase change whisper smooth brained quiet caterpillar prop drive technology. With aluminum titanium beryllium plutonium-oxide coated poly partially hydrogenated superfluous plasti-rubber carbon synthetic bushing bearings.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Looks like the shaft goes through a Folgers can.
    I know looks aren't the most important thing on a troller, but cosmetically it isn't great if thats the final project. You'd think they'd have come up with better cable management than that at this point, especially with how nice the ghost and force cable management is now.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Well I could see them getting a higher price if less weight and durability are there. at this point though this is like the evo shallow water anchors...... a Myth.

Titanium shaft? Sure hope its got some breakaway or give built into it. shaft ain't gonna bend or break, it may just rip tour trolling motor off your deck when u hit a stump. but at least you don't will not need a new shaft.

I'm a fan of new products, lets see how this works out.
    Last edited by BMCD; 02-01-2023 at 12:53 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2 weeks!
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast