Thread: Power pole TM

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    It doesn't matter how high priced it will be bass fisherman are very gullible
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

2. Member
    Too bad................the Ghost name is already taken and works great for me.

3. Member
    PP really stands behind their product.
    My PP is 4 years old and out of warranty. It stopped working, blew a board. They covered it under warranty.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadStiK View Post

Like someone else mentioned, looks like a lot of cable management and consideration is needed to tidy things up. That's a mess hanging everywhere that could be a problem when nosing in and out of trees to retrieve my lures.

If the head pivots when steering thats even more exposure and crap moving around. I hate pivot head electric steering. Hope my Ultrex continues to provide years of flawless operation.
    Doesn't every trolling motor with livescope have those loose loops hanging? I mean it is literally in the directions when you install the livescope

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    In my view this TM is designed to be a lower cost alternative to the current market.
    Look at the simplicity of design, single shaft, probably one or two through hole pancake stepper motors and an electronic footpedal.
    Probably all digital so all electronics are integrated onto one board that resides in the foot pedal. All the complexity is in programming.
    With any reasonable volume they could make a profit at $2000 each and sell a bunch.
    I could easily be wrong about all this but that is what I see in the picture.
    Lol nah it'll be the most expensive trolling motor on the market.

I bet it's a good one , PP has lived and learned over the years and will no put out a product that will end up being a head ache .

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    It may be a great product, but what will it do that the others don't? The other TM companies all offer electronics too so the PP motor will almost have to offer "universal sonar" capabilities. I think they are too late getting to this party.
    I thought all the trolling motors have "universal sonar" capabilities, so Motorguide and the new Power Pole "Move" are the only units with this capacity ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    I thought all the trolling motors have "universal sonar" capabilities, so Motorguide and the new Power Pole "Move" are the only units with this capacity ?
    I am saying that anything Power-Pole does will have to be designed to work with Garmin/Humminbird/Lowrance since they don't offer depthfinders.

9. Member
    The one thing I am noticing in the photos is it doesn't appear to have a typical cable steering mechanism like the Ghost, Force, and Ultrex. I am curious if it has a wireless foot pedal. Or maybe not wireless but a split harness so the foot pedal is powered, but doesn't necessarily have the cable going to the head of the motor. That could be a bit of an advantage for cable management as I am always looking for somewhere to put that big ass cable on the Ultrex that either goes around the graphs or over the graphs. If you just have to run the ducer cables up the frame and base, it could be a cleaner approach. I don't think I will be switching out of my Ultrex any time soon. Interested to see what makes the PP Move different, what sets it apart other than potential weight reduction?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    The one thing I am noticing in the photos is it doesn't appear to have a typical cable steering mechanism like the Ghost, Force, and Ultrex. I am curious if it has a wireless foot pedal. Or maybe not wireless but a split harness so the foot pedal is powered, but doesn't necessarily have the cable going to the head of the motor. That could be a bit of an advantage for cable management as I am always looking for somewhere to put that big ass cable on the Ultrex that either goes around the graphs or over the graphs. If you just have to run the ducer cables up the frame and base, it could be a cleaner approach. I don't think I will be switching out of my Ultrex any time soon. Interested to see what makes the PP Move different, what sets it apart other than potential weight reduction?
    Force doesn't have a cable system. It is bluetooth I believe.

From Cory Johnston’s boat today on the Harris Chain.

F4A0B163-B277-41B6-B508-603D158DF0F3.png

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I bet it's a good one , PP has lived and learned over the years and will no put out a product that will end up being a head ache .
    Charge?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    Force doesn't have a cable system. It is bluetooth I believe.
    The only troller with a traditional cable steer is the Motorguide Tour Pro. If the electronics go out it can still be used like a regular trolling motor. The others, you are dead in the water. Ultrex uses a cable to move a stepper sensor which provides a signal to the steer motor. Force and Ghost are both wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    The only troller with a traditional cable steer is the Motorguide Tour Pro. If the electronics go out it can still be used like a regular trolling motor. The others, you are dead in the water. Ultrex uses a cable to move a stepper sensor which provides a signal to the steer motor. Force and Ghost are both wireless.
    What's in the cable going to the head in my ghost?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    It is wired but it is not cable. The cable drives have cable in those wire shrouds that are like the cables on bicycle brakes and derailers, the attach to to gearing in the trolling motor head and that is how they move. The Ghost and Force just have wires that send electricity to electric motors in the head and that is what moves the motor. They also have the wires for the transducer in that shroud.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Yeah, I was wrong about the Ghost. It's drive-by-wire. The Force is wireless.

On Lowrance's website:

Ghost Trolling Motor - Is Ghost cable steer?

No, Ghost is a 'fly-by-wire' electrically operated trolling motor. Other manufacturers use mechanical cables that stretch and wear over time. Ghost does not suffer from these problems.
    Fly-by-wire steering provides the familiar mechanical pedal 'feel' with super fast steering speed.

17. Member
    I kind of think Ultrex nailed it on that one. Has all the feel of a cable steer but is motor assisted

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    I kind of think Ultrex nailed it on that one. Has all the feel of a cable steer but is motor assisted
    The Ghost, Force, and Motorguide's version all give that as well. They function and feel like a cable steer, not like the foot petal of an Ulterra or anything.

19. Member
    https://twitter.com/power_pole/statu...2keVPAcTBSxLsw

looks like it’ll finally be released a month from today
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

20. Member
    If it has a slip clutch/fold under like the old Gator mount, that would be awesome. That's the one thing I don't like about Ghost/Ultrex/Force. As good as my Ghost is, it's not very forgiving when you hit a stump.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast