Thread: Power pole TM

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I know looks aren't the most important thing on a troller, but cosmetically it isn't great if thats the final project. You'd think they'd have come up with better cable management than that at this point, especially with how nice the ghost and force cable management is now.
    To me just points again to how long ago they started the design. It's not even launched and it's outdated when compared to the competition.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    To me just points again to how long ago they started the design. It's not even launched and it's outdated when compared to the competition.
    Cosmetically it looks like an old motorguide. Not that they were bad trolling motors, but when dropping 4K plus I'd expect it to look a little better.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Cosmetically it looks like an old motorguide. Not that they were bad trolling motors, but when dropping 4K plus I'd expect it to look a little better.
    Agree. Called that out in my previous reply. MG Tour was probably still being gushed about at that point in time when they started it.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Member
    Kind of makes you wonder if some of the other "new" tech that they have implemented in it will be outdated by the time it actually becomes available. I'm sure at the time they started the initial design concept, a brushless motor was going to be a huge deal. Now everyone's going to have that feature (whenever Minn Kota releases the brushless Ultrex)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder if some of the other "new" tech that they have implemented in it will be outdated by the time it actually becomes available. I'm sure at the time they started the initial design concept, a brushless motor was going to be a huge deal. Now everyone's going to have that feature (whenever Minn Kota releases the brushless Ultrex)
    Not being able to integrate with existing electronics is a big deal too. I've never seen the new motorguide trolling motor in the wild. I'm sure the XI5 debacle was part of it, but when you drop 3K plus, being able to have some features work with your graphs is important.

6. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    So, how many of you have a wad of cash out ready to buy this thing? I guarantee the PP motor will sell quite well. I'll even go so far to say that some will say they owe their weeknight derby win to their new PP trolling motor.

I'll stick with my Ultrex for now. When it dies/when I get a new boat in the next several years I've been told the Ghost is the way to go. I bet the brushless Ultrex will be a fine motor too.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

7. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Not being able to integrate with existing electronics is a big deal too. I've never seen the new motorguide trolling motor in the wild. I'm sure the XI5 debacle was part of it, but when you drop 3K plus, being able to have some features work with your graphs is important.
    Heh, I wouldn't wish an Xi5 on my worst enemy.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    Heh, I wouldn't wish an Xi5 on my worst enemy.
    I sold that POS for $200 and felt bad for the guy buying it

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    This is especially difficult when you factor in that PP doesn't have it's own line of electronics that you could interface with.
    Powerpoles already work with Lowrance.

10. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    I sold that POS for $200 and felt bad for the guy buying it
    I gave mine to my buddy for free and felt bad for him.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    So, how many of you have a wad of cash out ready to buy this thing? I guarantee the PP motor will sell quite well. I'll even go so far to say that some will say they owe their weeknight derby win to their new PP trolling motor.

I'll stick with my Ultrex for now. When it dies/when I get a new boat in the next several years I've been told the Ghost is the way to go. I bet the brushless Ultrex will be a fine motor too.
    That's the direction I'm leaning as long as they don't get silly with the price. Ultrex is a proven design just made better with the addition of brushless. More importantly there are 3 places within driving distance of me I can take my current Ultrex to get worked on if I had to (which after 3 years I haven't). That would be a big hold-up for me on the PP would be where the heck can I get it serviced? But being perfectly candid there is no way I'm interested if it's truly over $4k. no way.

12. Member
    There adapter cables for the big 3. I am using the MG integrated transducer with my Garmin unit on the bow.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    That's the direction I'm leaning as long as they don't get silly with the price. Ultrex is a proven design just made better with the addition of brushless. More importantly there are 3 places within driving distance of me I can take my current Ultrex to get worked on if I had to (which after 3 years I haven't). That would be a big hold-up for me on the PP would be where the heck can I get it serviced? But being perfectly candid there is no way I'm interested if it's truly over $4k. no way.
    Other part of the ultrex is about everything you may need to fix at some point has a video and done by a bunch of people. So even if you don't get into the service department you can get parts easily to fix it.
    Fish have fins, they swim

14. Member
    Back in December, I fished with a guide in central FL, who had one on his Big O boat. He was a "field tester" for PP. I did ask a few questions about it. Said that he only a had a couple of minor issues with it. Very powerful, very smooth, steering was also very smooth. He did say that the price was going to be above $4K for one.

Thanks
    Tommy D.

Had they rushed it to market and not thoroughly tested it people would whine. So now that they took their time and are testing it extensively people are still whining...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Had they rushed it to market and not thoroughly tested it people would whine. So now that they took their time and are testing it extensively people are still whining...
    Honestly power pole really isn't to blame for the whining about the slow release. It's the vendors / pros that have been talking about a release "soon" and "game changer" for years now that annoys people.

17. Member
    Don't the crappie fishing guys have dual rear trolling motors that deploy like Power poles now?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

18. Member
    Honestly power pole really isn't to blame for the whining about the slow release. It's the vendors / pros that have been talking about a release "soon" and "game changer" for years now that annoys people.

1000% this

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Don't the crappie fishing guys have dual rear trolling motors that deploy like Power poles now?
    From what I have seen they mount motors to their power poles
    Fish have fins, they swim

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Yes and those guys are nuts

e2627e19_5560_4ebd_9b0b_6c868bcecf8a_c55a277a772040b2e79ee9daaf289952cef0691c.jpeg

powerpoletroll_52caf689705f80cff9c80319cec8ada599c65e62.png

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast