Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gov't spending out of control

City of Cincinnati is planning to relocate an outdated gun range for the department from the inner city to a somewhat rural northwest suburb. Local residents say they hear the guns shots almost everyday at the current facility. They are moving it to county owned land which does have a gun range already on it that the county sheriffs department uses. Price tag to build this new gun range which the city and sheriffs department will both use. Estimate $27 million to $42 million. Absolutely out of control spending. Also "they" say that the current facility could be sold for $2 million. Just one project of who knows how many that our governments are out of control on.

2. Member
    And how many millions have they spent studying the Brent Spence Bridge for how many decades without ANY results? Welcome to the Buckeye State. FYI … it’s all over just not in Ohio.

3. Member
    I should have gone into politics/government...money for nothing and zero accountability
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bnt55 View Post
    I should have gone into politics/government...money for nothing and zero accountability
    This
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

5. Member
    You are exactly right, zero accountability!

6. Member
    One observation I notice is that when the Government says it will cost 10 million using federal grants and selling bonds the completed cost is about 50 million. I am sure they have required the building be LEED certified and that really increases cost to at least double normal construction cost.

7. Member
    At least the money is actually staying in country for a change.

Between 27-42 million dollars? I can't even wrap my head around those numbers. I guess they want the Taj Mahal of gun ranges.

9. Moderator
    Nashville can give the Titans billions but the roads around the city are becoming gravel pothole filled car destroyers. It’s astonishing what they can find money for but ignore at the same time.

10. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Remember at the next election.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

11. Member
    There’s already a gun range where they want to move it? Ok, I could do it for $5-10k. Build a new covered area for shooting and voila, you have a nice gun range.

12. Member
    I never would have made it, saying it like it is tends to anger the voters.

The spending issue is not just in Ohio, all government at ALL levels!

13. Member
    ^^^^So true.....the tax and spend philosophy.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Between 27-42 million dollars? I can't even wrap my head around those numbers.
    Well at least they got it close, within 15 Million!

Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    Remember at the next election.
    Why so the next idiots we elect do the exact same thing? It never changes.

15. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Why so the next idiots we elect do the exact same thing? It never changes.
    True...

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

16. Member
    I work for the dept of transportation. The spending is ridiculous and the stuff we do is DUMB like driving a loader 40 miles round trip to move two buckets of gravel.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

17. Member
    But at least it will get more guns out of the city!
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

18. Member
    Baseline budgeting coupled with little real accountability (.gov has wasted money my entire life, yet the same politicians have been in charge most of my lifetime) leads to waste.

19. Banned
    A portion of $$$ will be siphoned off before the ink is dry on the check ...

20. Member
    Yes it currently does have one small range there now. I think its roughly 12 lanes at 50 yards max. The area that they are considering building this facility is near the great miami river which most of the surrounding land is either hill side or flood zone land which is mostly made up of gravel pits or farm ground. I bet that a county or city official has already bought some land near there that can't really be used for much because its in a flood plain. Guess where all that dirt will go and who will benefit from it?

This isn't much difference when the city decided to build a streetcar system for billions of dollars only for it to operate at a loss every year. City officials knew ahead of time where this streetcar would be routed and bought up property all along the stops. Then used city funds to rehab properties. Vicious cycle.

Many stories of such. Even as low as at the township levels.....but hey just ask they will tell you they are here for you and the better for man kind.

This is just one quick article about the situation.
    https://www.wlwt.com/article/hamilton-county-commissioners-pledge-money-for-new-police-gun-range-call-on-partners-to-donate/42725416

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast