I need a Altenator for my 300R

8M0142248 is the part number. Mercury is not shipping any until 28 Feb , if that actually happens. I do not want to have my boat in the shop and I am willing to pay for the part myself if I can find one. So much for the 7 years of Platinum Warranty i bought, useless if the part in not available. Anyone know a dealer with one in stock? My motor serial # in in my signature.

Thanks in a advance for any help
    Last edited by Elwood; 01-31-2023 at 05:22 PM.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

2. Member
    wow!! <READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS>
    ALTERNATOR

8M0142248

by <READ THE ANNOUNCEMENTS>
    $348.29
    Ships in 200 to 210 days

Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-01-2023 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Announcements
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    i have a shop that rebuilds alternators and another place local I know with a great reputation that also does them. maybe send me pictures and I can see if they can rebuild one? likely a big name maker like denso or Hitachi or bosch?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

for this situation I'd look at getting it rebuilt. if you want to fish this year.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Don't rebuild it on one of those- especially not on a "warranty" covered component.

One option would be to simply upgrade to the 115amp Charging System, which includes the Alternator. Those ARE available right now, Part# 8M0176702

The one that has been ordered on a Pre-Authorization will get Top-Priority when product becomes available, in some cases meeting or beating the target date.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thank you all for great advice. I can not rebuild because I still have four years of platinum warranty. I did not know about the upgrade and may have went that route but found a dealer in Mississippi that had one had had it mailed straight to my dealership. I sucked up the cost vs gambling on a one to three month ordeal without my boat. There are ways to still work this through warranty and it will be nice if that works. In the end I should be back on the water this weekend. Thank you again

Elwood

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad you were able to find a way to get back on the water- hate that you ended up in that position.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thank you European,

big boy toys cost a lot to maintain.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Thank you all for great advice. I can not rebuild because I still have four years of platinum warranty. I did not know about the upgrade and may have went that route but found a dealer in Mississippi that had one had had it mailed straight to my dealership. I sucked up the cost vs gambling on a one to three month ordeal without my boat. There are ways to still work this through warranty and it will be nice if that works. In the end I should be back on the water this weekend. Thank you again

Elwood

If you dont mind me asking what was the dealers name that had them? Im in the same exact situation right now and looking at end of April for a warranty replacement. Rather just buy one and use the warrantied one as a spare to get back on the water.