Mapping without Zero Lines Card

How much mapping can be done without the zero lines card? Tryin to do a small 10 acre pond. Can finished product be viewed on a PC? Ty.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Autochart software to view it on a computer.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

The units have up to 8 hours of Auto Chart Live memory. After that you can delete the data or transfer it to a Zero Line Card.

The only way to see the data on a PC is by transferring to a Zero Line Card and using the computer software Auto Chart or Auto Chart Pro, then the data is changed from Auto Chart Live to Auto Chart. After that process you copy the Auto Chart mapping to the Zero Line card for use in a Humminbird display.

You can do mapping another way by RECORD to a regular memory card. Then process that data with either of the computer softwares. After that process you copy the Auto Chart mapping to the Zero Line card for use in a Humminbird display.

OR you can submit the RECORD files to the Navionics Sonar Charts program. The data will be processed for you to download to a Navionics map card as the Sonar Charts layer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks all. We want to put structure in the pond and just want a simple contour map to pick good spots.

I may still have Dr Depth whish I used to map our 350 acre Lake. That took over 200 hours LOL. I think it was only five foot lines tho

Rossi LM Map Annotatedsmall.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Thanks all. We want to put structure in the pond and just want a simple contour map to pick good spots.

I may still have Dr Depth whish I used to map our 350 acre Lake. That took over 200 hours LOL. I think it was only five foot lines tho

Rossi LM Map Annotatedsmall.jpg
    I think Ed Hall did the Sonar Charts HD map for the lake.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Ya he did. Think you need a subscription to get that. And I have every contour in that lake memorized LOL.

Just thought I could do the Pond quick, but if I can't export it, never mind. Ty

Ya he did. Think you need a subscription to get that. And I have every contour in that lake memorized LOL.

Just thought I could do the Pond quick, but if I can't export it, never mind. Ty
    For Navionics, a new purchase includes a year of Freshest Data updates. Or if you have an updateable Navionics map card that has expired, just re-new it for another year, collect the data submit it, update the map card after the data is processed and it is permanently on the card==doesn't expire. What lake do you want to do, I can look on the current Lakemaster VX card and Zero Line card to see if at least the shoreline is included.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Tufton Pond, inside the Lake Monticello Community gates. No big deal though. Mostly a bowl. Ty.

Tufton Pond, inside the Lake Monticello Community gates. No big deal though. Mostly a bowl. Ty.
    The small ponds near LM are the same on the Zero Line card as they are on the Humminbird basemap. The only difference is the color===basemap is very light blue and ZLC is medium blue.

The lake that is near Rt 53 doesn't have any contours with Navionics Sonar Charts but is outlined and would be a better background for your map survey.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL