Thread: Ish on Ike Live

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    Not to mention he was catching them on a frog in the bushes! Frog blowups are highly coveted air time! Petty is an understatement.

It's like the old saying about cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don't care what the industry is, being spiteful and petty does not make for longterm success. If the ones calling the shots are taking things personal and making decisions vases off of that then it's gonna affect the overall business at some point I would think.

Ish is seriously the man in the fishing industry. He moves tons of product for his sponsors, and is an extremely hard worker! Seen it a few times over the years, and have worked side by side with Him. He’s always ahead of the Curve, so him leaving MLF will certainly cause a domino effect to an extent & others will follow. Ish is no rookie in this business, he’s as seasoned as they come!

Quote Originally Posted by Finchdude View Post
    Ish is seriously the man in the fishing industry. He moves tons of product for his sponsors, and is an extremely hard worker! Seen it a few times over the years, and have worked side by side with Him. He’s always ahead of the Curve, so him leaving MLF will certainly cause a domino effect to an extent & others will follow. Ish is no rookie in this business, he’s as seasoned as they come!

I remember him driving all night to work the Classic after fishing a BPT event when they had been kinda discouraged to attend the Classic. He said he felt he owed it to his sponsors and fans to do so.

4. Member
    I hope Ish qualifies for the elites. Glad he left the BPT, I see more BPT pros going back to B.A.S.S if the next few years. Ish made very valid points about fan interactions as well. I feel the 5 fish weigh-ins are far more exciting.
    Brad Krone

5. Banned
    BPT could have avoided all of this if they kept it as a 5 fish live weight in event. It's a pro tour, after all. And kept the on boat total weight system for their televised cup events which are produced and not live anyways.

6. Member
    Did not have a clue what they were talking about.

Safe to say Ish is not a fan of Poche either. I was wondering if that subject would be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Safe to say Ish is not a fan of Sprague

Very refreshing to hear Ish speak some of his mind. Good on him for doing something about it, and I will be watching him kick butt in the Opens.

9. Member
    professional bass fishing has become way to polluted in my opinion ! to many anglers jumping ship back and forth ! it’s impossible to keep track ! I can’t even stand to watch it anymore !

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper920 View Post
    professional bass fishing has become way to polluted in my opinion ! to many anglers jumping ship back and forth ! it’s impossible to keep track ! I can’t even stand to watch it anymore !
    The jumping is only going one way since the original split.... Not hard to keep up with...
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

11. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronn812 View Post
    Who are the two other dip shits with Ike?
    No, guy on the left is Epic Eric.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    He said they were thrilled that he returned to BASS and that he even got a few bumps in some contracts.
    I've been saying for quite a while that the sponsors don't seem to get the air time in mlf as they do in bass. If I were a paying sponsor I would much rather my angler fish bass.

13. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    I've been saying for quite a while that the sponsors don't seem to get the air time in mlf as they do in bass. If I were a paying sponsor I would much rather my angler fish bass.
    That's cuzz MLF likes to hock their own sponsors - not the anglers's.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

14. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Ish on there talking about how much more money his sponsors are going to give him and the next day swindle making videos about having to buy his own lures and what a money struggle fishing is
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Ish on there talking about how much more money his sponsors are going to give him and the next day swindle making videos about having to buy his own lures and what a money struggle fishing is

Swindle sure bought a few grand worth of Jackhammers for a broke guy.....

16. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Swindle sure bought a few grand worth of Jackhammers for a broke guy.....
    He didn’t zoom in on that receipt. For kicks I took his career earnings vs number of tournaments/entry fees. And he was left with $33,000 maybe less per year before gas, lodging and any other expenses. So just say he broke even every year. I’m no rocket scientist but you don’t buy hunting land, campers, boob jobs, take nice Caribbean vacations, lease out of state hunting land, buy any equipment for your land you want off of breaking even every year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was getting anywhere from $330-500 a year in sponsorship money or more.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 02-02-2023 at 02:00 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    He didn’t zoom in on that receipt. For kicks I took his career earnings vs number of tournaments/entry fees. And he was left with $33,000 maybe less per year before gas, lodging and any other expenses. So just say he broke even every year. I’m no rocket scientist but you don’t buy hunting land, campers, boob jobs, take nice Caribbean vacations, lease out of state hunting land, buy any equipment for your land you want off of breaking even every year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was getting anywhere from $330-500 a year in sponsorship money or more.
    He used to be on the hunting show with andy morgan too.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    BPT could have avoided all of this if they kept it as a 5 fish live weight in event. It's a pro tour, after all. And kept the on boat total weight system for their televised cup events which are produced and not live anyways.
    For as much crap as MLF gets (I'm not a huge fan either), personally I think moving to catch, weigh (or measure) and release is a positive direction for tournament fishing. Would love to see it become more mainstream, I think it'd be strange getting used to measuring length for a year or so, then everyone would get used to it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    For as much crap as MLF gets (I'm not a huge fan either), personally I think moving to catch, weigh (or measure) and release is a positive direction for tournament fishing. Would love to see it become more mainstream, I think it'd be strange getting used to measuring length for a year or so, then everyone would get used to it.
    My issue with length is it doesn't reflect healthy fish. How many times have you caught a 5lb head on a 3lb fish?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    My issue with length is it doesn't reflect healthy fish. How many times have you caught a 5lb head on a 3lb fish?
    It all evens out. Sometimes you get long skinny fish, sometimes you get shorter ones that are completely stuffed full footballs
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast