94' -95' Ranger 374v

Looking to get a 94'-95' 374v as a project boat. Throwing a 92' 150 Johnson Fast Strike on it. Carpet/bench seats will need to be replaced and the obvious TLC on fiberglass, etc.

What is a reasonable price to pay for boat/trailer (non Ranger trailer)? Pros and cons of this year/make?

How long of a rod can the rod storage hold?

Any details is much appreciated!

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I have a 90 ,I can get 7' rods in mine not a whole bunch but 5 or 6 but you can dig out some of the foam foward and get more I'm told. Depending on condition of boat and so on anywhere from 5 to8 around here I would think some more for garage queen...great boat though
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    Paid 4K for the boat/motor/trailer in my sig a few years ago.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

4. Member
    I owned the 374 v as did a good friend of mine. I loved my boat and my buddy did too. I had a 175 Intruder on mine and it was a go cart !!. My buddy had the 150 and thought it was underpowered. I would look for a 175 to put on it.

5. Member
    Thanks for the input everyone. From what I read, I shouldn't have any concern with soft spot with a '94-'95 model with Ranger going to all composite correct?

It's been sitting out in the rain/weather the past few months so it's a little concerning but viewing it in person this weekend.

Any interior photos anyone can provide would be great so I have something to compare it to.

Thanks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I have a 90 ,I can get 7' rods in mine not a whole bunch but 5 or 6 but you can dig out some of the foam foward and get more I'm told. Depending on condition of boat and so on anywhere from 5 to8 around here I would think some more for garage queen...great boat though
    Sent you a PM twitch!

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Mine has a 150 on it and runs great can’t complain at about 58mph and that’s with no jackplate and a talon there solid boats but not rockets
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierisu View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. From what I read, I shouldn't have any concern with soft spot with a '94-'95 model with Ranger going to all composite correct?

It's been sitting out in the rain/weather the past few months so it's a little concerning but viewing it in person this weekend.

Any interior photos anyone can provide would be great so I have something to compare it to.

Thanks.
    Transom and stringers are pultruded fiberglass. Deck are plywood encased in fiberglass. Not uncommon for a soft spot to develop in the deck particularly by the console on this vintage of boat. Not a major repair.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I owned the 374 v as did a good friend of mine. I loved my boat and my buddy did too. I had a 175 Intruder on mine and it was a go cart !!. My buddy had the 150 and thought it was underpowered. I would look for a 175 to put on it.
    I had a 360 with an XR 2 150 & went to a 175 Merc after the 150 lost upper crank bearing & BASS changed the 150 hp rule.I can tell you the 25 horses made it feel like a completely different boat. Was 2-3 mph faster & definatly rode higher on plane using same prop. Never got to try other props as it got totaled in a highway accident that year.