Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Basshopper, question:

If I am by myself on the water and want to pull the altitude pitch from the Point 1 but I want to be standing on the bow where I normally fish to account for my weight and how it affects that number, can I pull this figure from my bow-mounted unit? I couldn't account for my weight if I have to look at the console unit. Lowrance Carbon at bow and console, Point 1 at transom.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    Basshopper, question:

If I am by myself on the water and want to pull the altitude pitch from the Point 1 but I want to be standing on the bow where I normally fish to account for my weight and how it affects that number, can I pull this figure from my bow-mounted unit? I couldn't account for my weight if I have to look at the console unit. Lowrance Carbon at bow and console, Point 1 at transom.
    Yes deploy trolling motor, stand up front. pull up on front unit.. Its going to read the same on both units as the angle is the angle where you are standing. When you jack up on the trailer either unit will tell you when it hits the number.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Yes deploy trolling motor, stand up front. pull up on front unit.. Its going to read the same on both units as the angle is the angle where you are standing. When you jack up on the trailer either unit will tell you when it hits the number.
    One last question: can you confirm the location of this data point in the Lowrance system. Pages/Settings?... take it from there if you can. Thanks

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyred View Post
    One last question: can you confirm the location of this data point in the Lowrance system. Pages/Settings?... take it from there if you can. Thanks
    Pages/Setting/Network/Device list/Point 1/ data/altitude pitch (2nd from the top) approx. You can also add an overlay. its under vessel.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Pages/Setting/Network/Device list/Point 1/ data/altitude pitch (2nd from the top) approx. You can also add an overlay. its under vessel.
    Boom! Thx!!

6. Member
    I just installed a live scanner pole for my AT transducer. You gentlemen have me thinking. I’m going to mount a couple bubble levelers on the pole. Like they use on RV’s. I can stop the boat in dead calm water and use the horizontal levelers to see if my pole is perpendicular to the horizon. Then adjust/shim my pole mount to get it perpendicular while the boat is floating loaded in the water. The mounting plate can be shimmed where it bolts to the bottom of the Ghost. What are your thoughts?

So I just installed a Rytek mount for my active target. greatly improved my image, easy to adjust on the water. I can see fish at 100 ft now.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12