Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    This dude is blowing up a local lake here. None of us are happy about it. Fortunately it’s a small window and during a very cold couple of months. There has already been an increase in pressure due to his vids. Some people need the clicks more than anything, even to the detriment of their fishery.
    Honestly that lake is such a pain in the ass to get to / stay at I don't think it will every really blow up. Plus not the easiest place in the world to fish, lots of water to cover
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    Loves how he blocks the lure like there are any secret lures anymore on a lake 95% of the people on here won't be driving to go fish.

What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

FFF or not it's pretty damn impressive. First you have to be good enough with FFS which is not easy, second you gotta find them then figure out a way to get them to bite. I ain't gonna knock any of his shine off. He's a damn good angler to do what he did.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    FFF or not it's pretty damn impressive. First you have to be good enough with FFS which is not easy, second you gotta find them then figure out a way to get them to bite. I ain't gonna knock any of his shine off. He's a damn good angler to do what he did.
    +1
    2014 920/SHO

6. Member
    The BBC crew is neither amused or impressed.

7. Member
    Yeah Josh Jones blew that lake up I am not saying much more, but it is on my bucket list lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    The BBC crew is neither amused or impressed.

Yep. The old heads on here been catching 40lb bags of smallmouth with pistol grip rods and Hellbenders. Nothing special at all.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Yeah Josh Jones blew that lake up I am not saying much more, but it is on my bucket list lol.
    Milliken went up there with a local who is blowing the place up, and the biggest they got all day was a 4 pounders. Kinda lucky he didn't catch a huge bag from a "blowing up the lake" perspective.

Definitely not the easiest place to figure out. Not only huge, but very weather and current driven. I've been up there before and ran into guys who made the "dream trip" and didn't catch anything over 3 lbs the entire week.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post

I'll ride with you, lol

11. Member
    This dude is blowing up a local lake here. None of us are happy about it. Fortunately it’s a small window and during a very cold couple of months. There has already been an increase in pressure due to his vids. Some people need the clicks more than anything, even to the detriment of their fishery.

Happens on large lakes also. Welcome to my world on Lake Guntersville.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Honest question - do you think it would help if he cropped out the background, or pointed his gopro down so you can't see the shoreline, or does the size/shape of the fish and crazy weights give the game away?
    All of the above.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    Happens on large lakes also. Welcome to my world on Lake Guntersville.
    Yeah I know. Was hoping it wouldn’t show up here as we are pretty remote and off the radar for the most part.

14. Member
    Sounds more like jealousy to me............

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I see both sides of the argument. Maybe Walton and this other guy are just trying to promote themselves, make in a name in the industry, and be able to make money / a living off of it. Totally understandable.

On the other side, you have your local who have had a relatively unknown gem around for a long time. You hear stories of guys there that have caught and released 10 pounders without even making social media posts. I can totally understand being annoyed that guys are bringing in youtubers / social media guys who are going to broadcast this lake to an audience that wouldn't have heard of it otherwise.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Lmao! Ok. Not jealous at all, caught a lot of really big fish from there as it’s not far from me and fish it a few times every year. I’m just protective of my local fisheries and hate to see them get blown up. Jealous, FO. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I see both sides of the argument. Maybe Walton and this other guy are just trying to promote themselves, make in a name in the industry, and be able to make money / a living off of it. Totally understandable.

On the other side, you have your local who have had a relatively unknown gem around for a long time. You hear stories of guys there that have caught and released 10 pounders without even making social media posts. I can totally understand being annoyed that guys are bringing in youtubers / social media guys who are going to broadcast this lake to an audience that wouldn't have heard of it otherwise.

I just look at it like it's public water.

I am a shallow water guy but it stuns me to see people dismiss these guys catching crazy bags of big fish by using FFS. Calling it cheating or easy just makes no sense to me. It's anything but easy.

18. Member
    Kudos to the guy for boating a 40lb sack of smallies. But you know the saying be careful what you wish for? Well, all those who support the Googan Squad and want to "grow the sport" are getting exactly what you wished for. IMO, this type of behavior and the whole YT clickbait culture in bass fishing started around the time the googans took off. The main reason the Northern smallmouth fisheries haven't been as wrecked as G'ville etc is because of the winters and the wind keeping the bass from getting hammered 24/7/365.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Pretty common in this day and age and sad at the same time that so many need to exploit a lake for personal "look at me" gratification. I know a few people who drive from Michigan to Idaho to icefish for perch every year. The word is out on how good Idaho is due to the internet.
    Maybe it will take some of the pressure off from Michigan smallmouth...
    They are getting some nice Walleyes through the ice out west also.....
    It has to be good for the economy, local guides and outdoor stores to get some free press......
    Lake pressure goes in cycles....Just try to fish where no one else is at...Its alot like hunting public land... Dont get tied to any one spot or pattern..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 01-31-2023 at 02:17 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I just look at it like it's public water.

I am a shallow water guy but it stuns me to see people dismiss these guys catching crazy bags of big fish by using FFS. Calling it cheating or easy just makes no sense to me. It's anything but easy.
    Certainly is public water, and I will say it's hard to really claim its a "secret" lake when publicly posted tournament results have been available on it for years. That said, calling up and inviting youtubers / social media guys is definitely a move that is going to draw eyeballs that would've never read the tournament results.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast