crazyness

5. Member
    Where in the……?

6. Member
    California?

7. Member
    looks like idaho

8. Member
    This dude is blowing up a local lake here. None of us are happy about it. Fortunately it’s a small window and during a very cold couple of months. There has already been an increase in pressure due to his vids. Some people need the clicks more than anything, even to the detriment of their fishery.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    This dude is blowing up a local lake here. None of us are happy about it. Fortunately it’s a small window and during a very cold couple of months. There has already been an increase in pressure due to his vids. Some people need the clicks more than anything, even to the detriment of their fishery.
    Honest question - do you think it would help if he cropped out the background, or pointed his gopro down so you can't see the shoreline, or does the size/shape of the fish and crazy weights give the game away?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Honest question - do you think it would help if he cropped out the background, or pointed his gopro down so you can't see the shoreline, or does the size/shape of the fish and crazy weights give the game away?
    All of the above.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

11. Member
    Pretty common in this day and age and sad at the same time that so many need to exploit a lake for personal "look at me" gratification. I know a few people who drive from Michigan to Idaho to icefish for perch every year. The word is out on how good Idaho is due to the internet.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Pretty common in this day and age and sad at the same time that so many need to exploit a lake for personal "look at me" gratification. I know a few people who drive from Michigan to Idaho to icefish for perch every year. The word is out on how good Idaho is due to the internet.
    Maybe it will take some of the pressure off from Michigan smallmouth...
    They are getting some nice Walleyes through the ice out west also.....
    It has to be good for the economy, local guides and outdoor stores to get some free press......
    Lake pressure goes in cycles....Just try to fish where no one else is at...Its alot like hunting public land... Dont get tied to any one spot or pattern..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 01-31-2023 at 02:17 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Maybe it will take some of the pressure off from Michigan smallmouth...
    They are getting some nice Walleyes through the ice out west also.....
    It has to be good for the economy, local guides and outdoor stores to get some free press......
    Lake pressure goes in cycles....Just try to fish where no one else is at...Its alot like hunting public land... Dont get tied to any one spot or pattern..
    I almost don't even enjoy LSC anymore. Waaaayyyy too many people following bent pole pattern. Last summer I was out perch fishing and lost count of how many people pulled up on me just because I was in a bassboat. I was basically out in the middle of the lake where I thought I wouldn't be bothered.

I'm not bashing this guy, it is a very impressive day on the water and a day to remember no doubt! I'm sure places like Fork, Rayburn and Guntersville are crazy as well. You would be amazed as stated earlier in this thread if you experienced shoulder to shoulder combat fishing on the Manistee River at Tippy dam, or the walleye run on the Maumee River in Ohio. The Detroit River is stacked with boats every spring with boats jigging for walleye. Before the internet and social media it was no where near as busy as it is now. I'm not yelling at clouds, just pointing out what we all have experienced. Congrats to the guy who caught that once in a lifetime limit, but I feel like he should've done a better job of concealing where this happened.

14. Member
    I almost don't even enjoy LSC anymore. Waaaayyyy too many people following bent pole pattern. Last summer I was out perch fishing and lost count of how many people pulled up on me just because I was in a bassboat. I was basically out in the middle of the lake where I thought I wouldn't be bothered.
    Me too. I have been making less and less trips to St Clair the past few years. I've had kayaks even pull right up on me as soon as they see me land a big smallie. And who hasn't had guys do the fly by and hit a waypoint when you're out in the middle of nowhere. Guys will see you boat one and then have no problem pulling in front of you, almost daring you to confront them. I'm sure this happens elsewhere but there's nowhere to tuck away and hide on LSC other than the canals so it's open season.

15. Member

I'm not bashing this guy, it is a very impressive day on the water and a day to remember no doubt! I'm sure places like Fork, Rayburn and Guntersville are crazy as well. You would be amazed as stated earlier in this thread if you experienced shoulder to shoulder combat fishing on the Manistee River at Tippy dam, or the walleye run on the Maumee River in Ohio. The Detroit River is stacked with boats every spring with boats jigging for walleye. Before the internet and social media it was no where near as busy as it is now. I'm not yelling at clouds, just pointing out what we all have experienced. Congrats to the guy who caught that once in a lifetime limit, but I feel like he should've done a better job of concealing where this happened.
    I know what you mean about guys running up on you because you have a Bass Boat...Usually I'm getting my azz kicked so they are following the wrong guy...
    I've been fishing for Herring and Whitefish up at Drummond..Heck, those guys may as well tie their boats together but everyone up there seems cool with it..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

16. Member

Yeah we feel the pain. We hate the crowds and try to carve out our own pattern just after the mayfly hatch. We all have our own horror stories on LSC. I've lost count how many times we are seemingly away from the masses and 2-3 fish and there are five boats around you and even more lurking. Shuts down and ya got no choice but to leave.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

17. Member
    Yeah, and he only has 143 subs. Which this video will improve that #. But probably not enough to monetize.

18. Member
    I"m assumming it's the same lake Josh Jones and his buddy fished? He talked about it on the Podcast with Zaldain

19. Member
    100% yougoobers have ruined many really good small fisheries!!! many in todays society are consumed with getting social media attention with no regard to the consequences...
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

20. Member
    Honestly that lake is such a pain in the ass to get to / stay at I don't think it will every really blow up. Plus not the easiest place in the world to fish, lots of water to cover
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast