Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Member
    Glad I live in IL and chase 2lbers in 5 feet or less 90% of the time. Don't have to worry about this drama. Still have boats everywhere to fish around though. That will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    Just curious, what makes you say FFS is not easy? I have found it very easy to use especially in deep water for SM. For example, the first time I ever went out with it on my home lake, I was catching suspended SM in 50’ of water. Chasing them down and watching them eat it. Went to Lake Ontario and absolutely crushed them once again sniping individual fish. I don’t understand why people say it is not easy especially if you already proficient with casting and your trolling motor.

Can show us the wins, 10-14lb largemouth and 40lb smallmouth bags you have caught with it? Can you show us that you dominate events with it? Do you have that same success with it on other bodies of water? If you do then you are one of those 5%rs.

People go out without FFS all the time and get on big schools of fish and crush them. Please show us the big fish and the all the wins. That is where your success rate for folks takes a dive. The guys catching these big fish are not doing it by FFS alone. They know where and when to find these fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    People go out without FFS all the time and get on big schools of fish and crush them. Please show us the big fish and the all the wins. That is where your success rate for folks takes a dive. The guys catching these big fish are not doing it by FFS alone. They know where and when to find these fish.
    i agree. What FFS has done has made guys that already knew how to catch them more efficient. Sure anyone can use it and catch some fish but that’s true of bass fishing overall. About anyone can go catch a few, doing it better than everyone else is the hard part. Now that FFS is so widespread, the cream is gonna come to the top anyway. As a few guys said earlier, the guys that don’t use FFS should be thrilled, bank beating is gonna reap the benefits of everyone else going offshore trying to replicate what they hear about on YouTube

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Would like to try it, but at 70 cannot justify it.
    Are you waiting until you are 75?
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Can show us the wins, 10-14lb largemouth and 40lb smallmouth bags you have caught with it? Can you show us that you dominate events with it? Do you have that same success with it on other bodies of water? If you do then you are one of those 5%rs.
    We don’t have fish that size where I live but it is all relative. I’ve won two Bass Nation state championships in the past 3 years and other local events. To your question about other bodies of water, my team partner and I traveled 8 hours from home and placed in the top 5 on Ontario against local sticks and guides. We caught every fish we weighed in using FFS. My post wasn’t saying catching a 40lb bag of SM is easy. My point was that FFS is not hard to use.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

7. Member
    Finding fish has always been what separates the best from the average. Your point is moot.
    Lowrance / Garmin

We don’t have fish that size where I live but it is all relative. I’ve won two Bass Nation state championships in the past 3 years and other local events. To your question about other bodies of water, my team partner and I traveled 8 hours from home and placed in the top 5 on Ontario against local sticks and guides. We caught every fish we weighed in using FFS. My post wasn’t saying catching a 40lb bag of SM is easy. My point was that FFS is not hard to use.
    That sounds awesome! Could you post some pictures of your trophies?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    That sounds awesome! Could you post some pictures of your trophies?
    I can’t tell if you are serious. He asked about wins and I replied. Not trying to pound my chest. I honestly don’t understand when guys make FFS sound difficult to use. The technology is amazing and very user friendly. Getting the time on the water to exploit it is the hard part for the average Joe.
    Lowrance / Garmin

Finding fish has always been what separates the best from the average. Your point is moot.

My point is a lot of guys dismiss these big catches as being easy since FFS is being used. If it was easy to do by just buying FFS we would see a lot more people catching these bigs.

I can’t tell if you are serious. He asked about wins and I replied. Not trying to pound my chest. I honestly don’t understand when guys make FFS sound difficult to use. The technology is amazing and very user friendly. Getting the time on the water to exploit it is the hard part for the average Joe.
    No, I wasn’t being serious.

You’re right, it’s not that difficult to use, especially if you have a foundation in sonar use to begin with.

But Mark has a valid point, too. FFS isn’t going to make a previously mediocre fisherman into a trophy killer.

If you’re good, it will make you better at being good If you’re mediocre, it will make you better at being mediocre.

That’s not moot, that’s the entire point. FFS doesn’t turn an average fisherman into a great one. A Shad rap is easy to use too. Not everyone has the success of Ott Defoe with it though. That’s the point

13. Member
    I agree with that. There is no argument to be had that FFS is not making finding and catching fish easier. The 40lb bag of SM is badass. Does he catch that bag without it? Possible but unlikely and I’m sure he would tell you that. When I go out and catch them with FFS I am honest with myself that I’m not catching those same fish with the same efficiency without it.
    Lowrance / Garmin

14. Member
    I remember years ago I made a couple videos and put them on youtube. I did it more so that I could share them with my family and friends as I had moved 14 hours away. I had titled the videos with the lake names so they were easy to look up. I got some nasty PM's on here about posting lake names and they needed to be kept secret and they are already starting to get to much pressure. These lakes were in MN and in no way even close to having pressure. I might of seen one other boat bass fishing in every two to three trips.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    That’s not moot, that’s the entire point. FFS doesn’t turn an average fisherman into a great one. A Shad rap is easy to use too. Not everyone has the success of Ott Defoe with it though. That’s the point
    Looks like you missed my point. Finding fish, time management, decision making on the water is what separated the best from average before FFS existed. That is mutually exclusive from my point of FFS being easy to use.
    Lowrance / Garmin

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I remember years ago I made a couple videos and put them on youtube. I did it more so that I could share them with my family and friends as I had moved 14 hours away. I had titled the videos with the lake names so they were easy to look up. I got some nasty PM's on here about posting lake names and they needed to be kept secret and they are already starting to get to much pressure. These lakes were in MN and in no way even close to having pressure. I might of seen one other boat bass fishing in every two to three trips.
    When I was in Minnesota last summer, they were still pissed about that.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Are you waiting until you are 75?
    Probably not,getting cheap in my old age.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post

To be blunt hopefully you replied to those people with an F off and have a nice day.

Looks like you missed my point. Finding fish, time management, decision making on the water is what separated the best from average before FFS existed. That is mutually exclusive from my point of FFS being easy to use.
    I didn’t miss your point. With all due respect I didn’t agree with it. And I think I have a different opinion on what you mean by “easy”. Seeing fish? Marking fish? Casting to them? Easy sure. Catching them in highly pressured waters in the south. Not so much

My point is a lot of guys dismiss these big catches as being easy since FFS is being used. If it was easy to do by just buying FFS we would see a lot more people catching these bigs.
    Bingo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast