Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Lmao! Ok. Not jealous at all, caught a lot of really big fish from there as it’s not far from me and fish it a few times every year. I’m just protective of my local fisheries and hate to see them get blown up. Jealous, FO. Lol.
    So a guy boats one of the biggest SM bags ever and you're offended because he posts a video and you don't want other people fishing your lake? Who's the selfish one here?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    Michigan has thousands of lakes and the Great lakes so that spreads everyone out so that helps.....Plus there are so many different species and ways to fish here that you can pretty much choose a different way to chase fish every day of the week...
    I started jigging for Salmon and Lake trout on the big lakes last year....Holy Crap is that fun....
    Ssshhhh, now let's not get the steelheaders mad at us! Totally agree with you, catching 100's of silvers on light tackle is an awesome way to spend time with kids and girlfriends!

The butthurt that gets brought out by bass fishing is freaking hilarious!
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    I almost don't even enjoy LSC anymore. Waaaayyyy too many people following bent pole pattern. Last summer I was out perch fishing and lost count of how many people pulled up on me just because I was in a bassboat. I was basically out in the middle of the lake where I thought I wouldn't be bothered.
    Me too. I have been making less and less trips to St Clair the past few years. I've had kayaks even pull right up on me as soon as they see me land a big smallie. And who hasn't had guys do the fly by and hit a waypoint when you're out in the middle of nowhere. Guys will see you boat one and then have no problem pulling in front of you, almost daring you to confront them. I'm sure this happens elsewhere but there's nowhere to tuck away and hide on LSC other than the canals so it's open season.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    Every lake I know of goes through cycles. Just a matter of time. Big girls don't come easy and learn fast. No big deal, just need to find the next gem before the Internet does.
    Especially with kokanee as primary forage there. They boom and bust and the bass do right along with it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Me too. I have been making less and less trips to St Clair the past few years. I've had kayaks even pull right up on me as soon as they see me land a big smallie. And who hasn't had guys do the fly by and hit a waypoint when you're out in the middle of nowhere. Guys will see you boat one and then have no problem pulling in front of you, almost daring you to confront them. I'm sure this happens elsewhere but there's nowhere to tuck away and hide on LSC other than the canals so it's open season.
    Yep, and I live .6 miles from the lake.....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yep. The old heads on here been catching 40lb bags of smallmouth with pistol grip rods and Hellbenders. Nothing special at all.

8. Member
    I almost don't even enjoy LSC anymore. Waaaayyyy too many people following bent pole pattern. Last summer I was out perch fishing and lost count of how many people pulled up on me just because I was in a bassboat. I was basically out in the middle of the lake where I thought I wouldn't be bothered.

I'm not bashing this guy, it is a very impressive day on the water and a day to remember no doubt! I'm sure places like Fork, Rayburn and Guntersville are crazy as well. You would be amazed as stated earlier in this thread if you experienced shoulder to shoulder combat fishing on the Manistee River at Tippy dam, or the walleye run on the Maumee River in Ohio. The Detroit River is stacked with boats every spring with boats jigging for walleye. Before the internet and social media it was no where near as busy as it is now. I'm not yelling at clouds, just pointing out what we all have experienced. Congrats to the guy who caught that once in a lifetime limit, but I feel like he should've done a better job of concealing where this happened.
    I know what you mean about guys running up on you because you have a Bass Boat...Usually I'm getting my azz kicked so they are following the wrong guy...
    I've been fishing for Herring and Whitefish up at Drummond..Heck, those guys may as well tie their boats together but everyone up there seems cool with it..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by st041986 View Post
    The butthurt that gets brought out by bass fishing is freaking hilarious!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    I know what you mean about guys running up on you because you have a Bass Boat...Usually I'm getting my azz kicked so they are following the wrong guy...
    I've been fishing for Herring and Whitefish up at Drummond..Heck, those guys may as well tie their boats together but everyone up there seems cool with it..
    The walleye guys are generally cool with combat fishing as long as you follow the rules. Don't make a big wake close to other boats, don't cut into the drift, and don't drift slower than everyone else. Other than that, those guys are pretty calm. Bass fishermen would crap their pants if they fished like the walleye guys.

I agree with the comments about LSC. The tournament organizations have promoted the hell out of the lake and the amount of out of state traffic in the last ten years is insane. Because the lake has essentially no structure and offers very few obvious starting points, a lot of guys are just looking for another boat as a place to start. I have a job where I'm pretty flexible. I like to work weekends and fish LSC during the week to avoid some of the madness.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    I'll ride with you, lol
    me too, and ill drive most of the way. your vehicle of course.

12. Member
    WOW!

FFF or not it's pretty damn impressive. First you have to be good enough with FFS which is not easy, second you gotta find them then figure out a way to get them to bite. I ain't gonna knock any of his shine off. He's a damn good angler to do what he did.
    Yes, he is Mark. Totally agree.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    So a guy boats one of the biggest SM bags ever and you're offended because he posts a video and you don't want other people fishing your lake? Who's the selfish one here?
    Wut? That’s not what I said at all. Ffs. Plenty people fish it, let others figure it out on they’re own. I’ve seen fisheries and hunting spots ruined due to hot spotting. This isn’t the first video either.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

15. Member

I'm not bashing this guy, it is a very impressive day on the water and a day to remember no doubt! I'm sure places like Fork, Rayburn and Guntersville are crazy as well. You would be amazed as stated earlier in this thread if you experienced shoulder to shoulder combat fishing on the Manistee River at Tippy dam, or the walleye run on the Maumee River in Ohio. The Detroit River is stacked with boats every spring with boats jigging for walleye. Before the internet and social media it was no where near as busy as it is now. I'm not yelling at clouds, just pointing out what we all have experienced. Congrats to the guy who caught that once in a lifetime limit, but I feel like he should've done a better job of concealing where this happened.
    Yeah we feel the pain. We hate the crowds and try to carve out our own pattern just after the mayfly hatch. We all have our own horror stories on LSC. I've lost count how many times we are seemingly away from the masses and 2-3 fish and there are five boats around you and even more lurking. Shuts down and ya got no choice but to leave.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

16. Member
    https://www.sportfishingmag.com/news...h-bass-record/

Would this happen to be from the same water?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    https://www.sportfishingmag.com/news...h-bass-record/

Would this happen to be from the same water?
    NOW you went and done it!
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    Good Lord, I am going to have to post my 26# bluegill video (5-fish) if I can find it.

19. Member
    I honestly think all these people scoping out on popular lakes etc are gonna push a bunch of fish back to shallow water.

I catch my fair share of big fish up shallow and will just keep doing my thing. I occasionally fool with my 360 and FFS but I will always prefer tve shallow bite. It's been good to me.

No one is getting lucky and those fish "happen" to be big. Those guys understand the whole game and FFS is just one of the tools they use. As I said a handful of guys catching 10-14lb bass fairly regularly is more than just stumbling across them.
    Every pro (except John Cox) always says "if it wasn't for my FFS i would not have found the fish.
    I just call it like it is.
    And again, I'll soon have one too. But as of now I'ii be honest and then after I pay $3000 for the setup I will post various videos and tell everyone how it doesn't help much.
    But as for now, we all will get beat by a bunch of young guns who are technology advanced and not necessarily good bass fisherman.

20. Member
    Besides the FFS, that guy is good and I'm also extremely jealous as I have been traveling to many states to catch a smallmouth over 6 lbs.
    Looks like he did that several times in one day.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast