Hartwell End of March

Planning an extended weekend to Hartwell at the end of March. Does anyone have recommendations on where to stay? Looking into Airbnb for less than $150 a night. Will be fishing all 4 days so water access, charging hookups, etc are needed.

2. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post

ssshhhh, don’t let the secret out! Lol.

Get place to stay
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Thanks! we ended up booking something right on the lake with a dock so we wont have to take the boat out every evening.

5. Member
    I found a VBRO for the week of July 4th in the Gumlog area, dock and a spare berth for your own boat. Have fun on your trip! Wife and I love Hartwell.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    Thanks! we ended up booking something right on the lake with a dock so we wont have to take the boat out every evening.

i would be careful about putting your boat in and leaving it in the water that time of year. Different areas of the lake will fish very different unless we have really warm stable weather leading up to it. You may want to fish down the lake in clear water with finesse techniques for spawning fish or up the river and creek arms in dirtier water with a crankbait or a chatterbait. It is a big lake and you don’t just fly from the bottom end to way up one of the rivers in a short amount of time. We always trailer our boat every day we’re there because we rarely fish the same part of the lake 2 days in a row. We will be there from Sunday-Thursday the last week of March. We come that week every year and have been for as long as I can remember. Hard to go anywhere more fun to fish than hartwell.