Banned

New to Hot Springs

Just moved to Hot Springs area a few months ago and finally got another boat. I enjoy Crappie fishing as well as Walleye. Yes I moved from up north. I also like Bass fishing but mostly Smallmouth. What time of year do the the Crappie start spawning as well as the Walleyes? It doesn't look like you have a large amount of Smallmouth in your lakes. Is that mostly a river thing down here? Happy to be Arkansas Patriot. Thanks for having me.

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Welcome, can't help on crappy or walleye, but I think they should be end of Feb. all of March spawn.(just a guess) Lots of water to explore around here so you shouldn't get bored.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Banned
    Thank you for the info. I'm looking forward to wetting a line.

4. Member
    The White Bass run is coming up soon on Degray, put in at Amity and head up stream past the washed out bridge and keep on going, with Degray having Hybrids you may also catch them as well. Hybrids will head back down the channel and can be caught vertical jigging, or at least while you are killing time for them to start breaking on a feeding frenzy. There are also some crappie in Degray Walleye in Ouachita, and Crappie in Greeson,

Welcome. I’m a Hot Springs resident as well. If you’re really being Walleye specific, you need to learn the nuances of Lake Catherine. Although all of our Diamond Lakes have Walleye, Lake Catherine has a decent population, plus it’s a smaller body of water. Nearly a river, if you will. It appears the smallmouth stocking in Catherine is working as well. Otherwise, Lake Hamilton crappie fishing is good during the winter months. Lake Greeson as well. Both lakes have thousands of brush piles. They’re not hard to find. Holla’ if you need any local info. I’ll help if I can.

Welcome to the area. I second the White bass runs on Lake Degray and add that they run up both Little and Big Marzan creeks on Lake Hamilton in about the same time frame.
    As for Walleye, I have caught a few while vertical jigging and have found the Highway 70 bridge on Lake Hamilton to be a consistently good spot.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

7. Banned
    Thank you for the information. Is that the creeks just up from the bridge?