Looking for a fishing guide in April for a guys trip

There are 4 of us headed down to Destin in April. Looking to do 2 days of fishing either in the bays or offshore or a day of each. Do you guys know of a good guide for either? Is it just as good to rent a boat for 2 days and just go on your own?? Thanks Hans
    Hans Deters

1996 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

2. Banned
    It may be hard to find a place to "rent" a boat down here but if you did i still wouldnt if ur looking to go offshore. Ocean is a big place and can get nasty quick. Not a place to just get a boat and go. Need safty equipment like e-perb( spelling). I had a friend who was experienced and he got lost at sea. Boat never found and left a wife and two kids. On the news about 3 years ago. Went down to w palm for a fishing trip. Jax firefighter. Get a capt, much safer and ur fishing licenses should be covered under his business.

3. Banned
    Pretty sound advice.

4. Member
    Check out "King of Kings charters" or Apex Charters if you're looking at Destin. Do NOT rent a boat if you want to do anything more than hang out at Crab Island

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    I had a friend who was experienced and he got lost at sea. Boat never found and left a wife and two kids.
    Prayers Matt. I can't even imagine. And I agree, definitely don't go to sea w/o an experience Captain! Something goes wrong inshore you might have a fighting chance, but the ocean don't play.