2017 Ranger 520c w 2021 Mercury 4s

I need some good advise folks! This past Saturday I put my boat in the water, I entered my code to crank and hit the start button and nothing happened. No beep either. The only thing that was flashing is the ancor side of the navigation light and it is doing the same thing at the solid state panel at the bow. I run lithiums that are less than a year old, they are good and app said they are at 100%. Is it possible my solid state panel is bad? I fished all day anyway just using graphs, live well and trolling motor and everything worked great. Obviously it has to be something electrical and I fished last weekend also with no problems. This is a new one for me, I dropped boat off this am at marine, but wanted to see if anyone here might have a clue? Oh, one last thing, my dealer said it might be something with the neutral on the shifter tied back to the engine not thinking it is in neutral, but even if it was this, I would have still gotten a beep when I first entered code and the prop freely spins also. Thanks in advance!

Try re-setting the computer by unhooking the POS on the start battery, wait 30 min, then hook it back up again. Same thing happened on a friends 520 and that solved whatever the problem was.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Thank you for the advise! Turns out it was the solid state start panel was bad. Moisture got into it and caused a hard short, preventing the engine from cranking. Ordered new panels and should get boat back today.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Be sure to pick up an auxiliary key switch from your dealer, if you haven’t already.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio