What on board chargers require the Humminbird "choke" to prevent RFI?

I have a Noco Genius Gen3 charger and I'm unsure if I'll need to install the Humminbird "choke" to prevent RFI from impacting my Mega live imaging system. It appears their is some type of "filter" built into the charger wires running to my starting / electronics battery. What have others learned about this type of charger and the need to use the "choke"?

2. Member
    If you have RFI issues, try it. Otherwise put it away in case something develops. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Different sizes RFI Chokes on ebay brother. I'm radio operator I add ch9kes to red or power cable get rid RFI.

And sometimes adding chokes will do absolutely nothing to get rid of RFI. I have been trying for several years now to find a solution but have not had any luck. I think the electronics manufacturers should be the ones to figure out how to solve the issue so their high priced products actually work as marketed.
    Triton TR196DC / 200 Mercury Optimax- serial# 0T995641
    Dual HB 12" SI Helix Units
    HB Mega 360
    Garmin 1222 / LVS34 LiveScope
    Dual 12' Minn Kota Talons
    MotorGuide Tour TM
    Bob's Hydraulic Jackplate

Toyota Tundra SR5

5. Member
    Used to be that when you bought any control head with Mega transducer Humminbird sent the choke cable with it and suggested you connected it to your cranking battery and charger, not sure if they still do it. I have one connected to my cranking batter because it came with my Mega 360 or Mega Live but now my Mega Live and Mega 360 are on their own little lithium batter and I use a little Noco charger and don't have any choke cable and it's been that way for over a year. I never got RFI on Mega Live but did on my Mega 360 but the noise filter helped for that. Now I get some kind of interference with my 2D and 360 but who knows where that is coming from.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA