Question LVS34 Perspective mount PROBLEM_Help

Has anyone had issues with the perspective mode mount, when mounting to the trolling motor shaft? When I mount with perspective mount per instructions, I can't stow the trolling motor, because the transducer hits the trolling motor mount. Trolling motor is Motorguide x5. Has anyone else had this same issue, and if so, is there any fix?
    Last edited by BassBustingDave; 01-30-2023 at 01:53 PM.

Triton TR186DC / Mercury 175 Pro XS 4s Serial #3B043278 / Dual 12' Talons / Dual Solix 12" SI / Mega 360 / Garmin 1242xsv w/ LiveScope LVS34 / Motorguide TM / Bob’s 6" Hydraulic JP

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have an Ultrex and almost sure i can stow the troller with ducer in perspective mode.....it wouldnt be till this evening before i could check it out and get a picture....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I’m trying to figure this out also.
    On my Ultrex I like it stowed with the prop on the starboard side. If I mount the lvs34 on the starboard side and attach the cable on the starboard side of the shaft everything works and stows fine while in down and forward mode.
    However when I rotate it into perspective mode it puts the cable transducer junction on the port side which results in stowing problems. If when going to perspective mode I remove the thumb screw and flip the transducer it will work and stow .

I would like to know if the Summit and or Fish Obsessed mount have this same issue ?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

4. Member
    As soon as I mounted the LVS34 transducer, I saw there was going to be an issue stowing the trolling motor. I ordered a Fishing Specialties mount.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here are my pics of LVS 34 installed on an Ultrex....prop is facing starboard while stored....no issues with Perspective position........

Last edited by fishin couillon; 01-30-2023 at 07:04 PM.

6. Member
    I have my ducer mounted below the fork. This makes cable management a little more difficult , because the fork will pinch the cable.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    IMO, whether you have below or above, your cable will still run thru the fork.......You wont pinch any cables if you have them taped in the correct place......if you look in all three pics, i have the GT54 ducer cable ran in the "channel" of where the LVS34 bracket come together.....i ran the cable in the split and taped off on both sides with no slack......had it like this with the 32 and the 34 and never had any pinched cables......

Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    I’m trying to figure this out also.
    On my Ultrex I like it stowed with the prop on the starboard side. If I mount the lvs34 on the starboard side and attach the cable on the starboard side of the shaft everything works and stows fine while in down and forward mode.
    However when I rotate it into perspective mode it puts the cable transducer junction on the port side which results in stowing problems. If when going to perspective mode I remove the thumb screw and flip the transducer it will work and stow .

I would like to know if the Summit and or Fish Obsessed mount have this same issue ?
    The fish Obsessed mount does not have this issue. Here are pics in Perspective & Down mode

Hey fishin couillon, not trying to hijack the thread but do you have a gt54 mounted directly below your ultrex hb transducer? I have the same troller and haven’t hooked up my gt54 for back up in case lvs34 goes down. Any problems with it mounted down there? I figure it’s the only option lol

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Hey fishin couillon, not trying to hijack the thread but do you have a gt54 mounted directly below your ultrex hb transducer? I have the same troller and haven’t hooked up my gt54 for back up in case lvs34 goes down. Any problems with it mounted down there? I figure it’s the only option lol
    My ultrex only has the 2d ducer. The GT54 is not long enough to cover it....its fits juat right between the sketch and built-in ducer no problems.....I had a GT56 on there no problem until it hit a stump and it knocked a crystal out.......had to go back to the Gt54.....

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    My ultrex only has the 2d ducer. The GT54 is not long enough to cover it....its fits juat right between the sketch and built-in ducer no problems.....I had a GT56 on there no problem until it hit a stump and it knocked a crystal out.......had to go back to the Gt54.....
    I gotcha, I’m kinda screwed cause mine is a full length di/si transducer on the bottom. It was on the boat when I bought it so I hate to get rid of it just to get a backup transducer. Trying to figure out how to rig it up (gt54) but it’s gonna be clunky regardless lol