Spinning Reel Maintenance and Repair Recommendation - Daiwa

Anyone have any recommendations for quality reel maintenance and repair shops I can send a couple of high end Daiwa reels to??

Appreciate anyone who is willing to share their thoughts on maintenance shops they experience with.

2. Member
    Bryan at the Tackle Trap, not sure what there status is at the moment.

Thorne Bros in Minnesota also services high end daiwa and they so a good job of it as well.

3. Member
    I am fortunate enough to live close to Thorne Bros and they have serviced all of my many generations of Shimano Stella (since 2004) and Vanquish spinning reels, in addition they have also serviced all of my Daiwa 15 Exists, and my two Daiwa 17 Steez Type II Hi-Speed spinning reels with no issues or drama and their maintenance service has always been top notch and exceptional.

Please give them a call if you are looking for great spinning reel maintenance and service.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I will give Thorne Bros a call.

5. Member
    Gary posted the other day that Tackle Trap is accepting reels, they are a Daiwa certified shop

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heelamonster View Post
    Gary posted the other day that Tackle Trap is accepting reels, they are a Daiwa certified shop
    I saw that and immediately contacted them at the link they provided and didn't hear back from anyone. I tried.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    I saw that and immediately contacted them at the link they provided and didn't hear back from anyone. I tried.
    Hey Nick, just sent you an email. I had several emails get filtered into spam folders, but going forward that wont be an issue. Look forward to hearing back from you.

8. Member
    Either the tackle trap or ac slayers extreme reel tuning
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

9. Member
    Gary help me get squared away with his crew and my reels are off to tackle trap to be worked on.

Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    Gary help me get squared away with his crew and my reels are off to tackle trap to be worked on.

Gotta do the same at some point.