Humminbird Install

I have a 2021 Tracker 190 TXW with a stock Lowrance Hook Reveal 5". It uses a VESA 75 hole pattern. I am replacing it with a Helix 9 SI G4N. I did not want to drill new holes. I'm planning on using two of the Ram VESA 75 D size ball mount. One on top and one as a backer plate underneath. Then a short or medium extention to the Helix mount. I also custom ordered a spacer to mount underneath the VESA 75 mount for the wires so as to have a clean look. I'll post finished pictures of the install next month.

What do you guys think of this plan?

2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

2. Member
    I have had both and I like the Ram swing arm mount better.

3. Member
    Unfortunately, the swingarm has different mounting holes and the base is smaller. But thanks for the input.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamokebob View Post
    Unfortunately, the swingarm has different mounting holes and the base is smaller. But thanks for the input.
    That's alright, it mounts up great.

5. Member
    This is how I did mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    I have a Helix 7 on my PT190 that I mounted up similar to what you plan, including the backing plate and it works fine for me. For the Helix 9 I would be inclined to go with the swingarm mount like ​Bassfisher444​ and ​fishon!sc​ advocate. You did ask for peoples opinion.

My setup:

100_0379.JPG
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

7. Member
    I definitely want opinions. I would use the swingarm mount but since the holes from the Lowrance are 75mm spacing and the swingarm is 2 1/2” spacing, I’d have to drill new holes and they would touch the existing holes and become excessively large holes. Plus the mounting plate itself on the swingarm is smaller and I think part of the Lowrance holes would be visible. If anyone has actually replaced the Lowrance Reveal 5” mount with the Ram swingarm, I’d like to know how you did it as it relates to the existing mounting holes.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

8. Member
    I definitely want opinions. I would use the swingarm mount but since the holes from the Lowrance are 75mm spacing and the swingarm is 2 1/2” spacing, I’d have to drill new holes and they would touch the existing holes and become excessively large holes. Plus the mounting plate itself on the swingarm is smaller and I think part of the Lowrance holes would be visible. If anyone has actually replaced the Lowrance Reveal 5” mount with the Ram swingarm, I’d like to know how you did it as it relates to the existing mounting holes.
    Mine had the Lowrance. I only had to in large two holes. I made a backing plate for the top and bottom. Cut a groove in the top one for the wires to come thru. I have never had a ball ram mount had a 9" graph in rough water.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    Mine had the Lowrance. I only had to in large two holes. I made a backing plate for the top and bottom. Cut a groove in the top one for the wires to come thru. I have never had a ball ram mount had a 9" graph in rough water.
    How did you make the top backing plate? What was it made out of? The original holes from the Lowrance are 75mm spacing. The swingarm are 2 1/2" spacing. Did you redrill two of the exisiting holes and then make two new holes?
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

10. Member
    How did you make the top backing plate? What was it made out of? The original holes from the Lowrance are 75mm spacing. The swingarm are 2 1/2" spacing. Did you redrill two of the exisiting holes and then make two new holes?

Mine is a 2017. I do not really remember the hole pattern. Just remember only having to drill two new holes. The backing plate is made from HDPE board. I used a milling machine to make it but you could use a jig saw. I drilled a 1" hole in the center. With a 1" slot coming out the back for the wires. I have the same backing plate under the dash minus the slot. Just make the top plate bigger than your hole pattern and you will be all good. I will take a few more pictures this afternoon.

11. Member
    Ok. I'm done overthinking this. I'm going with the swingarm mount and damn the old holes lol. I'm going to use a piece of starboard under it and an aluminum backer plate under the cockpit. Same as Joe3Buck3. See this thread:
    Humminbird and Ram Swing mount on a Tracker 195 TXW (bbcboards.net)
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock