Garmin Live charging recommendations

2021 Z18 with on board 3 bank charger. Currently have 3 AGM batteries (2 for TM, 1 starter and accessories. Have 2 birds, and just added Garmin Live Scope last season.

Question: thinking about adding a 35 Ah lithimum battery to run the live scope. Ran it all summer using main battery, but after about 6 hours started getting 11.8 volts. Do I need to purchase a separate charger for the lithimum that I plug separately into 110 wall receptacle ?

Question: I ran separate wires from black box to a separate on/off switch mounted near starting battery. Can I leave wiring from switch to starting battery, and run new wiring from switch to the lithimum battery (switch is a 1 & 2 ). I’m thinking if the lithimum battery begins running low voltage at the end of a long day, I could switch back to main battery.

Really appreciate and and all input. Thank you

2. Member
    I am running 5 lithium batteries on my Z20. 4 on one charger and one on a single. I bought a dual pig tail that plugs into both chargers. I then only need one cord to plug into my boat.
    2022 Z20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Garmin 126sv, 126sv, 126sv, 106sv
    Garmin Force tm
    8' Power Pole Blades

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JB134 View Post
    2021 Z18 with on board 3 bank charger. Currently have 3 AGM batteries (2 for TM, 1 starter and accessories. Have 2 birds, and just added Garmin Live Scope last season.

Question: thinking about adding a 35 Ah lithimum battery to run the live scope. Ran it all summer using main battery, but after about 6 hours started getting 11.8 volts. Do I need to purchase a separate charger for the lithimum that I plug separately into 110 wall receptacle ?

Question: I ran separate wires from black box to a separate on/off switch mounted near starting battery. Can I leave wiring from switch to starting battery, and run new wiring from switch to the lithimum battery (switch is a 1 & 2 ). I’m thinking if the lithimum battery begins running low voltage at the end of a long day, I could switch back to main battery.

Really appreciate and and all input. Thank you
    Have you considered running a Lithium on the Cranking side, Feel free to call me to talk Lithium if its something you're interested in

Bill

205-965-8436

4. Member
    Thanks Bill. I’ll give you a ring tomorrow

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Our 16 volt dedicated electronics battery would be the way to go .with one of our run and gun chargers . I'd be happy to go over the options with you .

6. Member
    Wow. Talk about a straight up and helpful individual, I totally recommend “Bill” (above) from Impulse… answered all my questions and totally took care of me. Don’t know him personally and really not trying to pimp Impulse… but this type of knowledgeable & helpful customer service seems so rare these days. Thank you Bill

7. Member
    Wow. Talk about a straight up and helpful individual, I totally recommend “Bill” (above) from Impulse… answered all my questions and totally took care of me. Don’t know him personally and really not trying to pimp Impulse… but this type of knowledgeable & helpful customer service seems so rare these days. Thank you Bill
    Going with lithium cranker? With 125 AH lithiums, the need for dedicated electronics batteries is really limit now, you can get a ton of juice out of modern lithiums.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

8. Member
    Yep… going with a Lithium to run live scope… again, not to sound like a cheap salesman, but I totally recommend you get ahold of Bill & Darlene at Impulse Lithium LLC (205 882- 1922). Bill, being a prior elite on tour, and his wife absolutely know their stuff… and literally treated me like family. Just can’t remember getting such quality service all the way around.

are you seeing power loss or having issues with battery drain? I run a 16 and (2) 12s with active target. never had battery issues.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    I did… but it was wired directly to my main starting/house AGM battery. After about 6 hrs, it would read 11.8. Still worked fine, but worried I wouldn’t be able to start engine. My 3 batteries are only 1 yr old, so I didn’t want to dump them yet. Bill (above) really hooked me up on a stand alone lithium battery to run my live scope.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I did… but it was wired directly to my main starting/house AGM battery. After about 6 hrs, it would read 11.8. Still worked fine, but worried I wouldn’t be able to start engine. My 3 batteries are only 1 yr old, so I didn’t want to dump them yet. Bill (above) really hooked me up on a stand alone lithium battery to run my live scope.
    Glad to get you set up with Impulse. Anyone looking to upgrade make sure to PM or give me a call and I'll get you in exactly what you need

Bill

12. Member
    I run a 125 lithium cranking battery. Running 2 9" Garmin's 1 12" and live scope. Battery holds up great all day
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+