Thread: NEED HELP

NEED HELP

Very new here so forgive me if I am messing up. Here is my situation. I just purchased an Ultrex with mega down. I also purchased mega 360 for the ultrex and a Helix 10. How do I connect all this? The trolling motor has a round connection as well as the 360 and the Helix has a small connection shaped like a monopoly house. Can someone please explain what connects to what and what additional connections I need. I am overwhelmed with this....

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I don't have a Helix so I can't answer the specific questions but the Helix and Apex/Solix control heads have totally different physical connectors. The round plugs you see are compatible with the Solix/Apex and you need an adapter cable to go to the Helix. There are other "things" in the humminbird line (the AS GPS HS heading and GPS puck for example) which have the Helix kind of connectors and you need adapters to connect them to the Apex/Solix.

It can definitely get confusing. I'm sure you will get your specific question answered by one of the Helix guys on the forum.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    If you didn't buy new and have the manuals, you can download all you need off the HB site. HB's site is very good.

It's actually pretty simple, but there are options you have to take into consideration as to how you want to set up your equipment, and exactly what equipment you have.

If you look through some older posts here, Wayne P. has very good information to review. Do a search for "Mega 360 install".

IF you want to connect the Minnkota MDI transducer and the MEGA 360 to the same unit, you need the 14 M360 2DDI Y cable.
    That has the two female 14-pin transducer connections that match the M360 and Minnkota MDI.
    That leaves you with a 14-pin male transducer that has to be converted to 7-pin to connect to a Helix.

The Helix has to be a DI+ or SI+ model.

The Y cable is 10' long.
    The MEGA 360 comes with two 10' cables, one of them converts 14-pin to 7-pin to connect the MEGA 360 directly to a Helix.
    You can use that between the Y cable and Helix and have 20' of cable to manage.
    You can also use the 3' long Minnkota MKR-MI-1 adapter and have 13' of cable to manage.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thank you guys