Ultrex lift assist review

Here is my first impression of the lift assist Ron is making. I will do a follow up after more time on the water.
    So I’m running a 80# 52” Ultrex with M360 and a LS transducer. Getting it up out of the water before the upgrade took some effort .

I got the kit from Ron for a 52”. After questioning myself as to weather I got the right spring I reached out to Ron.
    He told me to try it and see ,if not exactly right he would help me get it adjusted right.

I got it mounted . Directions were spot on, and took about 30 minutes.

My first impression is the pressure is perfect for my setup. When deploying the motor after getting it over the breakin point the strut slowly eases the motor in the water and softly latches itself.

When stowing the motor a little pressure on the cable and it unlocks and raises to the break over point. A little pressure on the head then pushes it down to the stowed and locked position.

This is shop observation, and I’ll do a follow up after some time on the water. As of now I’m impressed .

Thanks Ron for a much needed service and product .
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

2. Member
    Can you share a link for how to order one?

Back surgery coming up and don’t want to miss out on summer fishing due to trolling motor weight/deploy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1978 View Post
    Can you share a link for how to order one?

Back surgery coming up and don’t want to miss out on summer fishing due to trolling motor weight/deploy.

Thanks
    The "link" are posts in this forum that you send Ron a PM. This is one of them.

Anyone else? I'm about to make what might be my last buy for Ultrex springs (bbcboards.net)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL