New lakemaster premium vx

Has anyone else noticed that the new Lakemaster card is not as accurate as the old school Lakemaster?
    2015 Legend V20

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I would think that any given lake that already had HD contours would have been exactly the same on the VX card as it was on the "Legacy" cards. I wonder if it is a settings issue?

I don't have the Old Lakemaster card to compare to, but it wouldn't matter since my Home Lake didn't have HD contours on the previous Lakemaster cards. Tims Ford was one of the new Tennessee lakes added to the Southeast VX card. I mapped most of my 10,000 acre home lake myself with AutoChart live and was very persnickety in my mapping process... paying close attention to the water level offset, staying under 5MPH while mapping, and making sure to not leave it recording when I took off to go to another spot. I have done some spot comparisons to some of the more complex/tricky areas and the VX card is every bit as good as mine.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    What are you calling inaccurate? What unit are you using it on? There are more settings to deal with. After you loaded the software release for the new maps you have to setup all your map settings again.I have not noticed any discrepancies with my legacy map. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

This may be too obvious but water levels change and have to be offset for any date to be accurate. Also, where your gps location is coming from vs your transducer position. For example, if your gps location is using a puck or unit on the bow vs reading depth at a transom ducer, your boat position may show one depth but your ducer is reading a different depth. Which may make it seem inaccurate.

2012 Ranger z521
    Mercury 250 Pro XS