Thread: Wonder when

Wonder when

Wonder when we will have automatous retrieving boats. Would be kinda handy to back in and with a remote drive your boat using the outboard onto the trailer for retrieving.

2. Member
    It’s not much harder than that now. I back in my boat, drop talons via remote and drive away. Loading is equally as simple other than I have to get in and drive. I fish alone mostly and feel it’s pretty simple.

Can't ya drop the Terrova via the remote and drive it to you?

Just thinking on a Sunday Morning,, Seeing how we have automatous Cars and trucks, just wondering if it will come to the marine industry? I'm thinking a little different than deploying Talons/Pole and Terrova.

5. Member
    I get what you’re thinking. It’s already there with trolling motors, use of remote, can follow way points or shore, ledge etc. That’s actually quite vehicle like in ways. I would think if someone wanted to it could be done. Some very smart people in the world today.

6. Member
    They all work fine until the electronics fry or there is a hiccup..........watching my boat going downstream would be hard to explain when it gets lost..............

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    They all work fine until the electronics fry or there is a hiccup..........watching my boat going downstream would be hard to explain when it gets lost..............
    This for sure! Old Murphy's Law likes to strike at the most inconvenient times.